Thread: rush 800

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

rush 800

I bought a new rush 800.I'd like to upgrade brakes and shifters? Any suggestions? their seems to be alot of xtr shifters mobels out their.Wheres the cheapest to buy.i see some good deals on ebay.Any other sugestions bars,post? I doesn't seem like their alot of aftermarket stuff for the rush out ther.thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I upgraded mine with a Thomson Elite seatpost due to my height and weight. I also upgraded the rear shock to an RP23, but that was only because I got one with my other warranty frame. As far as other upgrades go, I'd say you have pretty good components and the only thing I would seriously consuder upgrading are the wheels because the rims are really bottom of the line and only stay true as long as a politician. The rest is really up to your own ego and how much of a *bling* factor you want your bike to have. BTW is yours red or white? I have a red one in XL size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    Mines a red medium I got a good deal $1200 otd on it

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rubicon20032003
    Thanks
    Mines a red medium I got a good deal $1200 otd on it
    Darn lucky!!! I paid $1900 for mine, but without sales tax because I bought it in Oregon. I also have a BTC frame from the warranty, but it's looking like it will cost almost as much as a Carbon Rush to build it.