Thread: Rush 6Z

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Rush 6Z

Does anyone own or have any experience with the rush 6Z. I have a Giant hard tail and am looking into getting a full suspension.
    I can get one for about $500 less than the 5Z at my local LBS and was wondering if anyone had experience or opinions about this model.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I bought the 5z but I'm sure you would be more than happy with the 6z if that 500 bucks is something you'd rather not spend.

There is another way to look at it though, depending on how much riding you plan on doing, spending the extra 5 might be worth it in terms of not having to upgrade the more expensive parts (fork and shock).

Good luck with your decision!

mtbr member
    i have an o7 rush6 that has the same fork/shock as the 6z. i have absolutely no complaints. there is no lockout on either shock, but i have experienced no bob in the rear to speak of. the front shock the way i am running it has a bit if you stand up and hammer, but thats not really where this bike excells anyway. you can add a bit more air to firm it up, but it really gives me no problems. i too was coming from a hardtail, so i don't notice missing all of the high end parts cause ive never had them. if you really want to know, test ride and see if you think its worth moving up to the 5z. i have no problem keeping up with my buddy on his $4000 scapel i have upgraded the seat, put on lock on grips, and crank bros candy pedals, and some kenda nevegals cause the cst comps that came on it were no good in the wet around pittsburgh. the only other thing id like to do is get a lighter wheelset someday. the sun blackeyes seem a little heavy. not sure about the wtbs on the 08.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The 6z is a very good bike, of course if you can affor it the 5z has better components but the frame is the same on both. If you're on a budget get the 6z, lockout isn't needed as I can't notice bob. I was on a hardtail before the Rush and was concerned with susp bob so I got one with a RP23 shock but I almost never use it.

non-drama queen
    My 6z was due to arrive at the LBS on the 12th and it's still not there.. *I just HAD to have the red*

As soon as I get my hands on it, I'll be happy to give feedback.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Awesome thanks for the replies...

If I do decide to get it i will post up some pics for sure...

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    The 6z is a very good bike, of course if you can affor it the 5z has better components but the frame is the same on both. If you're on a budget get the 6z, lockout isn't needed as I can't notice bob. I was on a hardtail before the Rush and was concerned with susp bob so I got one with a RP23 shock but I almost never use it.
    Ive got the 5z and I notice the bob only when I stand up and pedal, so the only time I really use the lockout is for extended rides on pavement. Even on pavement I dont use it that much. So you shouldnt miss the lockout really, its more about getting youre suspension set up for your body and style.