mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rush with a 36 Talas

I currently ride a RFX. This bike is overkill for most of my riding. I am considering a Rush along with several other bikes to get more out of the trails here in Florida. My wife has a rush and it is very plush on the small stuff and forgiving on the larger stuff. I was sold when i took the same bumps in the trail and it actually felt better on the rush. My question is has anyone put a beefier fork on one of these bikes? Say a talas or even a Z1. I am hard on parts so I like a bigger fork. I was considering a SC heckler but the customer support locally is non existant. I am thinking of slacking this thing out a touch for the 3' to 5' drops at some of my local trails. The frame definately seems strong enough. Will this create warranty problems? Thanks for your time.

Jake

mtbr member
    I know a kid that folded a rush in half with 5 foot drops. The rush isnt a bike for doing drops on. after seeing his pics i would never drop into anything outside of a puddle on a rush. IMO
    Chance favors the prepared mind

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Thanks

Scratch that bike off the list, you saved me some heart ache. On to the prophet MX or a Reign x1.
    Thanks,
    jake