Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rush 29er...

  1. #1
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,186

    Rush 29er...

    We all know it's just a matter of time given the huge success of Cannondale's HT 29er. Hoping it will be around for 2008. I think I'll be ready to get back in the geared FS game by then. No I have not heard of anything definite, just wishing out loud.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: elgordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J
    We all know it's just a matter of time given the huge success of Cannondale's HT 29er. Hoping it will be around for 2008. I think I'll be ready to get back in the geared FS game by then. No I have not heard of anything definite, just wishing out loud.
    Mike J I hear you. I'm loving my F29er but a hard tail is a hard tail and a spring chicken I am not. Come on single pivot FS 29er options!!!!!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    238

    The wating game..

    My bet is that there will be some additional 29er C-dales for 2008.

    There are eccentric BB 29ers out and about so I am pretty sure that a SS stock 29 1FG is a safe bet for 08'.

    A full suspension bike is not far behind but I think that they are cautiously dipping their toes into the 29er pool.

    My suggestion would be to stagger sizes in all models.. For example a F3 could have a 26" wheel in the Petite, Small and Med, while the Large and XL would come in 29". In this scenario a med might be available in both 26 and 29" versions.

    I personally rode a Prophet, then a Rush and now a SS 29er F-29 for the last year.

    The F-29 is the first c-dale hardtail that has been smooth enough for me not to wish for a rear shock.

    I would love a 80mm rear shock to go with the 80mm lefty. Scalpel 29 anyone??


    Lastly I am praying and wishing that the new MAVIC 29er Crossmax wheelset might come with a lefty option.

    Both mavic and C-dale are at a standstill with this. They both seem to be waiting for each other to make the first move on a lefty 29 Crossmax.

    If you speak with anyone from either company, please make it clear that a demand exists for this wheel!!!!

    peas

    j
    ..I'd rather be a headlight on a northbound train..

  4. #4
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,134

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: elgordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog

    Lastly I am praying and wishing that the new MAVIC 29er Crossmax wheelset might come with a lefty option.

    Both mavic and C-dale are at a standstill with this. They both seem to be waiting for each other to make the first move on a lefty 29 Crossmax.

    If you speak with anyone from either company, please make it clear that a demand exists for this wheel!!!!

    peas

    j

    why not I9's. soon i suspect you will be able to lace the I9s to a Mavic UST 29er rim. Stiff, light, fast engagement, lefty hub and tubeless!!! who says you cant have it all

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlipperyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    That's would be a ssweet ride. But I wish CDale would go back to the flames on the 1FG. The new design looks too much like a silver version of the Redline MC. Something a little more bold.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ottoreni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,023

    New question here. Really like to know..

    I am close to getting a short travel (3") full suspension 29er, but really looking to see if C-dale is going to make one.

    A 29er version of the Scalpel would be worth waiting for.

    Anybody, anywhere, hear anything?
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    That's would be a ssweet ride. But I wish CDale would go back to the flames on the 1FG. The new design looks too much like a silver version of the Redline MC. Something a little more bold.
    I personally liked the "sailor font" of the `04 1FG.

    collective breath will prob. need to be held till `09 on a c-dale 29er duallie. R&D are not comfortable enough with (what we assume would be) a "simple conversion" in 26er geometry to run with something hastily. if it happens it will be designed for 29 ground-up. besides, existing 26ers, esp the rush, are so good at what they do.

    the SSF29 is due for this Aug release in the US. the parts spec is `sposed to be on par with past 1FGs and the plan is to have at least one w/ a carbon lefty.

  9. #9
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordo
    Come on single pivot FS 29er options!!!!!

    Oh come now, there are options, multiple ones actually, in SP 29er FS. They just don't say Cannondale. The beauty of the Astrix Monk is how "Prophet like" it's ride is, particularly once the latest incarnation get's it's Lefty! One sweet ride......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: elgordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Oh come now, there are options, multiple ones actually, in SP 29er FS. They just don't say Cannondale. The beauty of the Astrix Monk is how "Prophet like" it's ride is, particularly once the latest incarnation get's it's Lefty! One sweet ride......
    true the Monk is a nice SP FS 29er but other than that ............ (tumbleweed)

    and as for GF not an option in my mind

  11. #11
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordo
    and as for GF not an option in my mind
    Nor mine, glad you mentioned it, so's I don't have too. It is an SP though, so it counts...sort of....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  12. #12
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,186

    Maybe on the Scalpel...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni
    I am close to getting a short travel (3") full suspension 29er, but really looking to see if C-dale is going to make one.

    A 29er version of the Scalpel would be worth waiting for.

    Anybody, anywhere, hear anything?
    I'm a beliver in once you've got the hassles of linkages and shocks your already commited to FS. You might as well make it worth your time and go with at least three to four inches of travel.

    It's sort of like packing up and traveling all the way to the beach and then not going for a swim.

    (I've found that four inches of travel is ideal. Less, is well, just not enough to justify the hassle, and more than four you get into the land of hobby-horse-geometry-changing effect and high bottom brackets.)

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlipperyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewsen
    collective breath will prob. need to be held till `09 on a c-dale 29er duallie. R&D are not comfortable enough with (what we assume would be) a "simple conversion" in 26er geometry to run with something hastily. if it happens it will be designed for 29 ground-up.
    Good to see them take their time with a new design. Better to get it right the first time (see Fisher HiFi).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •