mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Rush 1000 or 2000?

I am having a bit of a dilemma in deciding which bike to go with. I have the option of getting a slightly used demo rush 1000 for $1650 or a new rush 2000 for $2500. I would need to replace the shifters and rear derailleur on the rush 1000 (not a fan of SRAM), which I have priced out at about $250. Basically for an additional $600 dollars I would save about 3 lbs when comparing the stock setup. I was trying to keep my budget at or bellow $2000, but lets be honest who ever regrets getting the better bike?
    Just wanted to hear some else's thoughts before I make the final decision.
    Thanks.

Are you talking to me?

Are you kidding?

Get the lighter bike. At that point, $200 per pound is not that far out.
    More that that, you do not have to deal with the swap of the shifters, and will put every mile on it yourself. You WILL feel the 3 lbs at some point, I am sure. What is that worth.

(If it helps, you can tell yourself " I have a Rush 2000" over and over in your head.)

Think of it this way: For the extra $ it is lighter, smoother, and there is more going on that just a shifter swap if it is 3 lb lighter.

Funny, can not find the specs for those bikes
    Last edited by damion; 01-16-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    gfy

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannondale4Life
    I am having a bit of a dilemma in deciding which bike to go with. I have the option of getting a slightly used demo rush 1000 for $1650 or a new rush 2000 for $2500. I would need to replace the shifters and rear derailleur on the rush 1000 (not a fan of SRAM), which I have priced out at about $250. Basically for an additional $600 dollars I would save about 3 lbs when comparing the stock setup. I was trying to keep my budget at or bellow $2000, but lets be honest who ever regrets getting the better bike?
    Just wanted to hear some else's thoughts before I make the final decision.
    Thanks.
    Only you can decide, it is your money after all, and as my father is found of saying: "you pays your money, you takes your choice".

However I rode a 1000, and I own a 2000. For me it was worth the upgrade at retail prices, and here in Canada that was a fairly huge chunk.

2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Rush 2000
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6VM2.html
    - Anyone have an opinion on the XT brakes or the daul control shifters? (Looks like Cannondale decided to to use them on their '07 bikes.)
    - How about the mocha brown color, I think I like the color sceme on the 1000 better.

Rush 1000
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/model-6VM1.html
    - Anyone have an opinion on the FSA crank?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Mocha brown

Mocha brown really isn't all that bad in person, I've had people call it gray, bronze and black. Web pics don't do it justice, I kind of like it.

Are you talking to me?

Hey NS, a Question.

Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Only you can decide, it is your money after all, and as my father is found of saying: "you pays your money, you takes your choice".

However I rode a 1000, and I own a 2000. For me it was worth the upgrade at retail prices, and here in Canada that was a fairly huge chunk.

Is your saddle so far back on the rails on purpose?
    gfy

Are you talking to me?

Get the 2000 already.

THe 2000 has many upgrades over the 1000.
    gfy

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Is your saddle so far back on the rails on purpose?
    Yes it is. As far as bike fit goes I am a better fit to a Medium with the seat slid back than a Large with the seat forward. I have better a position over the pedals this way, in conjunction with the appropriate cockpit length. In fact when I tried this setup on a demo, I knew right away that Medium was the size for me.

It was only through ridding both sizes and tailoring the saddle position that let me order the correct size. The day my bike arrived (pictured) I slid the seat back to the "sweet spot" and had a blast all year!

NS2000X

PS: It may look further set back in the picture that it actually is.
    2x10
    1x1
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

Are you talking to me?

Just checking.

We each have different fit needs, just checking on the knees. (see what I mean?)

Later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gfy

mtbr member
    Get the El Cheepo Rush 400, sell off al the crummy parts on ebay and build the bike you want. Price point 2-2.5k

FRAME Rush 400 Raw Aluminum
    Hadley Hubs with Mavic 721's
    Race Face Diaboluse bars
    Sram XO shifters
    Sram XO rear cluster
    Sram XO rear derailer
    Sram chain
    Shimano front derailer
    Shimano SPD's
    Magura Marta brakes
    Magura self cooling rotors
    Kenda tires
    Titec saddle
    Fox Talas X fork
    Fox Float RP3 shock
    Cane Creek headset
    Salsa skewers
    Thompson seatpost
    Thompson stem
    PrOxY

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Nice Rush!

It seems great minds think alike. I purchased a 400 in raw as well and am in the process of rebuilding. What does she weigh?
    MAC
    Cannondale Rush

LA CHÈVRE
    I may be late in the game but, here I go:

The 2000 doesn't get you only an upgraded Shimano drivetrain (say what you will, I personaly think XT shifters mated to a XTR rear derailleur is better and will last longer than a SRAM kit... and I do love Dual Controls but they are not for everyone) and 3 pounds less, you get better wheels (and I hate disc wheels with rim brake sidewalls), better cranks, a Carbon Lefty and did I say 3 pounds less with all the higher end components?

The weight difference is quite noticable between both bikes. Kind of like when I bought my Prophet 2000 and my friend got a Prophet 1000, we were amazed (me positively, him negatively) how much weight difference there were between both bikes.

The brown looks almost like a black. You can see the sparkling brown under the sun, it really does look much better in person than on a picture. i would have steered you toward the 2000 in Galvanized gloss (beautiful color!) but since it's a 2006 model, I'm not sure you'll find one.

I'm having bike issues as well, the more I look at the Rush Carbon 1, the more I think about selling all my bikes to get one... well, only 3 of my bikes, the two others are almost worthless (not too me but in the used bike market).

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Problem Solved

I know I had asked everyone whether it was worth it to go with the 2000. Well, thanks to everyones great advice I decided to go with the 2000, but at the last minute I found a 2006 Cannondale Team Rush. The bike was only slightly used, almost brand new, and the price was right around the 2000 including tax. The bike weights in at 24 lbs and I love the paint job, non of this mocha brown poo color (sorry, just personal preference). Check it out...
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\blockintern\Desktop\Rush 1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\blockintern\Desktop\Rush 2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\blockintern\Desktop\Rush 1.jpg[/IMG]

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Pictures

Truth be told I have never posted a picture and franky I dont' know how so here are the attachments....
    Attached Images Attached Images

LA CHÈVRE
    Truth be told I have never posted a picture and franky I dont' know how so here are the attachments....
    That looks like a real Team bike, not a Team replica! Very nice!
    Could you post a picture of the headtube badge? It looks like the original Cannondale badge...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Real team bike

I bought the bike off a Cannondale pro team rider, so yes it is a team issue bike. It was one of his training/fun bike that cannondale gave then. I will post some additional pictures when I once I get it cleaned up (had some fun this weekend).

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Wow, sweet bike!!! I would be willing to get bear naked and run around my block to have a bike like that! Okay, maybe that was a little too much. Those colors look a lot like the Caffeine F29er.

USED2COULD
    I bought the bike off a Cannondale pro team rider, so yes it is a team issue bike. It was one of his training/fun bike that cannondale gave then. I will post some additional pictures when I once I get it cleaned up (had some fun this weekend).
    Very nice.
    Now I'm going to trundle off to my "Poo" coloured 2000.
    2x10
    1x1
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb