Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Out riding my Scalpel

Roll Call Jekyll fans!

Show us your Jekyll's! I want to see some tricked out Jekyll's. I love mine, how about you? I'm putting on a Fox Float RP3 soon, heard great things about them. I was going to go to push but I want new now.

Out riding my Scalpel
    This is my Jekyll 1000. I have done some upgrades since this photo. Fun bike! Finally put a current shot of my bike down below!
    Last edited by subzero; 09-16-2004 at 12:32 AM.

Ridin' many miles...
    Here's my year 2000 Jekyll 900sl in original configuration

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph...1&cat=2&page=1
    Ride dangerously. Take chances.

Poser
    Here's mine. It's just about done.

It WAS a 2002 Jekyll 500, but there's not much original left on it. Highlights:

Truvativ Hussevelts
    Rohloff Speedhub
    Float R (PUSHed last week)
    Mavic XM819
    Woodman LFY front hub
    Avid Juicys
    Lefty DLR
    Conti Vertical USTs

I sure do love it. I'd cry if it left me...

Out riding my Scalpel
    My Current Jekyll 1000 with upgrades. Mine just about done as well. XT cranks...Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 UST...SRAM Rocket Triggers...Lefty DLR. I dig this bike alot. It's so much fun to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by subzero; 09-16-2004 at 01:10 AM.

I ride therefore I am.

2004 Jekyll 800 SOBE Complete Custom

This is a frame up build nothing except the frame and rear deraileur is stock 800.

Frame Jekyll
    Fork HeadShok Lefty Max- TPC+
    Rear Shock Manitou Swinger SPV 3 way
    Rims Mavic 3.1 Tubeless disc, 24 hole
    Hubs Cannondale 30th Anniversary Lefty front, DT Swiss HUGI rear
    Spokes DT Revolution polished
    Tires 26 x 2.0"- Hutchinson Python Team Gold
    Pedals TIME ATAC Z
    Crank Shimano XT 760 22/32/44
    Chain SRAM PC69 9-speed
    Rear Cogs Shimano XT, 11-34
    Bottom Brackes Shimano XT 760 integrated
    Front Derailleur Shimano XT
    Rear Derailleur Shimano XT
    Shifters Shimano XT
    Handlebars Syntace VRO
    Stem Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Brakeset Magura Marta SL’s w/Hope Universal Gothic Rotor’s
    Brakelevers Magura Marta SL’s
    Saddle KOOBI au enduro
    Seat Post Cannondale Expert
    Colors SoBe Team Replica (gloss) (SOB).
    Sizes L
    Weight 27.7

This Jekyll may soon be on eBay, so I can buy the '05 Prophet 4000. Still haven't decided, I'm waiting to ride a large frame to decide, so far I've only ridden the medium frame 800. Very Nice!!!!!!
    Last edited by jekyllman; 09-16-2004 at 08:48 PM.
    "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
    Groucho Marx.

mtbr member

Jekyll fans

I love this bike!!!
    Last edited by Gripshift; 09-16-2004 at 08:32 PM.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Aren't Jekyll's GREAT rides? There was so many bikes I tested before saying get me a Jekyll. I fell in love with it. I can't wait to I get my new 2005 Prophet 2000. I'm keeping my Jekyll and then again I may sale it to someone who can hammer with me. Keep the Jekyll and Prophet family. Nice bikes boys. Keep this thread alive with Jekyll love. Show them JEKYLL'S!!!

mtbr member

Here's mine...

2004 Jekyll 1000, pretty much stock except for the "custom" scratches I have added along the trail, funny how that happens when you actually ride it like it was intended to be.

I ride therefore I am.

One for my girl...

Got this on eBay tonight...

My girlfriend has been faithfully following me on the paved trails for the past several weeks....
    on a '97 Rockhopper rigid w/no front suspension...

Last weekend we went to the dirt trails at Huntsville state park and she wouldn't hear of staying home...
    without a peep, whimper, cry or curse...
    she took the tree roots...
    she took the drops...
    she took the washouts...
    she just smiled kept on going while she knew i was watching...
    but the shear anguish on he little face when she thought I wasn't...
    after seeing the blisters and black n blue bruises on her arms, calves, thighs, glutes...
    and other parts we won't even talk about...
    I decided it was time for me to take action...
    if she was going to subject herself to this kind punishment for my benifit...
    she should be on a ride worthy of her commitment and fortitude...
    and one that was much softer on those parts we didn't talk about earlier

Plus it's her birthday in two weeks
    Last edited by jekyllman; 09-16-2004 at 11:22 PM.
    Groucho Marx.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by jekyllman
    Got this on eBay tonight...

My girl has been faithfully following me on the paved trails for the past several weeks....
    on a '97 Rockhopper rigid w/no front suspension...

Last weekend we went to the dirt trails at Huntsville state park and she wouldn't hear of staying home...
    without a peep, whimper, cry or curse...
    she took the tree roots...
    she took the drops...
    she took the washouts...
    she just smiled kept on going while she knew i was watching...
    but the shear anguish on he little face when she thought I wasn't...
    after seeing the blisters and black n blue bruises on her arms, calves, thighs, glutes...
    and other parts we won't even talk about...
    I decided it was time for me to take action...
    if she was going to subject herself to this kind punishment for my bennifit...
    she should be on a ride worthy of her commitment and fortitude...
    and one that was much softer on those parts we didn't talk about earlier

Plus it's her birthday in two weeks

That's so cool. I just bought my 5 year daughter her 1st bike about a month ago. She loves her new Giant Taffy bike, with those white tires and all. Everytime I'm out in my garage wrenching on my ride, there's my little girl sitting on her bike with helmet on and ready to go ride. It's great. Get this she actually watch the Tour with me and liked it. I was impressed big time. I'm just a dad that loves my family and my toys.

I ride therefore I am.

Awesome bike!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    That's so cool. I just bought my 5 year daughter her 1st bike about a month ago. She loves her new Giant Taffy bike, with those white tires and all. Everytime I'm out in my garage wrenching on my ride, there's my little girl sitting on her bike with helmet on and ready to go ride. It's great. Get this she actually watch the Tour with me and liked it. I was impressed big time. I'm just a dad that loves my family and my toys.
    Man they have some cool bikes for kids now!!!!!

White tires and all!!!

Just so everyone knows I was actually talking about my 40+ year old girlfriend.

My 13 year old son only child rides a custom '02 Scalpel 800.

Sometimes I believe I have as much of an addiction buying new toys as I do riding them
    Groucho Marx.

mtbr member
    2004 Jekyll 3000 frame (warranty replacement for Raven frame) with mix of new and old components. Started to weigh all the components as I assembled the bike, but I missed a few (Lefty MAX, brake rotors) and some of them have been updated since (pedals, etc...)

Since the pictures I have replaced the wheels with a set of Cannondale 30th anniversary (UST with the polished Hugi hub), polished the seatpost and replaced the pedals.

Here is the component / weights list. Measure on a bathroom scale (not the most precise!), the bike comes in a 28 LBS (note that all these weights have been taken with non calibrated scales...)

Frame
    .Frame _____________________ Cannondale Jekyll Frame________________________________ 2324 ___ No shock

Suspension
    .Rear shock ________________ Swinger 3 way for Jekyll (no mounting HW) ______________ 292
    .___________________________ Mounting HW for swinger for Cannondale Jekyll ___________ 68
    .Front shock _______________ Cannondale Lefty ELO __________________________________ 1785 ___ Currently has a Lefty MAX, need update weight...

Wheel + tires
    .Front wheel (rims + hubs) _ Cannondale Lefty Front Wheel 30th anniversary 24 spokes. 760
    .Rear wheel (rims + hubs) __ Cannondale Rear Wheel 30th anniversary 24 spoke ________ 922
    .Rear skewer _______________ Coda Rear Skewer - 30 Anniversary _______________________ 60
    .Front tire ________________ Hutchinson UST _________________________________________ 796
    .Rear tire _________________ Hutchinson UST _________________________________________ 796

Brakes
    .Front brake _______________ Hope Mini - length 720 mm - Caliper #3 - Pads included _ 254
    .Rear brake ________________ Hope Mini - length 1360 mm - Caliper #3 - Pads included. 270
    .Front rotor _______________ __________________________ _______________________________ ? ___ TBD
    .Rear rotor ________________ __________________________ _______________________________ ? ___ TBD

Transmission
    .Shifter - Right ___________ XT SL-M750 _____________________________________________ 250 ___ Set (L+R) from Weight weenies
    .Shifter - Left ____________ N/Applicable - see above for set _________________________ 0
    .Bottom Bracket ____________ Shimano BB5500 68 mm Bottom Bracket BC 1.37x24 _________ 246
    .Crankset __________________ Cannondale Competition crankset ________________________ 680 ___ "with 3 rings.__Left side = 210g, right side = 470g"
    .Chain _____________________ Shimano ________________________________________________ 280 ___ From weight weenies
    .Front derailleur __________ Shimano XT M750 ________________________________________ 123 ___ From weight weenies
    .Rear derailleur ___________ Shimano XTR RD-953 Rear Deraileur - SGS Rapid Rise _____ 236
    .Rear cassette _____________ Shimano XT M750 ________________________________________ 298
    .Cables and housing ________ __________________________ _______________________________ ? ___ TBD
    .Pedals ____________________ Shimano 323? Single sided pedal - Pair _________________ 528 ___ New pedals installed, need to weight them

Controls
    .Stem ______________________ Cannondale expert _______________________________________172
    .Handlebars ________________ Forte Carbon riser bar _________________________________ 164
    .Grips (pair) ______________ Rubber / no brand _______________________________________ 80
    .Computer with mount _______ __________________________ _______________________________ ? ___ Shimano Flight Deck + Polar 710i

Seat
    .Seat ______________________ Cannondale Competition seatpost ________________________ 248 ___ All seat mounting hardware included
    .Seatpost __________________ Fizik Gobi seat ________________________________________ 260

____________________________ ________________________ ____________________ Total __ 11892g or 26.19 LBS

Sofa King We Todd Did
    I'm looking at Gripshift's Jekyll 800 above and I'm thinking 'what a lucky sod, he gets to have a water bottle cage on his frame!' My small frame comes with a curved top tube and no braze-ons for for water bottle cages. I've had to order a seatpost mounted cage for mine.

I do love my month-old Jekyll and I've not ridden it nearly enough in that time.

mtbr member

Jekyll w/ Marzocchi Xfly

Here is my C'dale Jekyll (Y2K european model).
    Frame: Cannondale Jekyll 1000 SL, 2000 w/ Fox Float RL
    Headset: Woodman Saturn HS for Cannondale
    Fork: Marzocchi Xfly 100mm
    Wheelset: Mavic 517 Cereamic, Shim' XTR , spokes : dt compet and dt revol
    Tyres: Continental Explorer SuperSonic 2.1 w/ Schwalbe Tubes XXLight
    Quick releases: Tune Ti AC16+17
    Pedals: Look 4x4
    Crankset: Coda Tarantula SL (22 titane, 32-44 FSA)
    Bottom bracket: Shim' BB-UN 72
    Chain: Sram PCxy 8 vit.
    Rear cogs: Sram 7.0 (8 vit, 11-28)
    Front derailleur: Shimano XT
    Rear derailleur: Sram Plasma
    Shifters: Sram Rocket Shorty
    Handlebar: Easton Monkey Lite CT2
    Stem: Syntace F99, 105mm, 6°
    Brakes: Hydraulics Magura HS33
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP Transam GelFlow
    Seatpost: Easton CT2
    Weight: 11.7 kg
    Size: L

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have traded my old SuperV Carbon for a Jekyll 1000 frame in April. It is not a stock model at all, but this is because I used the frame trade-in programme and build up the bike from there.
    Here are the components I added:
    - Crossmax SL wheels
    - IRC Mythos XC 2 tires -
    - Magura Louise FR brakes
    - RaceFace Evolce XC crank with a RaceFace Signature XS bracket
    - Easton seatpost with a Selle Italia Trans Am Flite saddle
    - SRAM 9.0 SL derailleur
    - SRAM 9.0 shorty shifters
    - Shimano XT front derailleur.
    - Shimano PD-M 647 pedals

Total Weight: 11,9 Kg

The only thing I am still going to change is the front derailleur to the new SRAM X-Gen and replace the rear derailleur with a new X.9.

Here are 2 pictures:

Lucifer rides an mtb

Meet Lucifer

Compared to the other posts, I think this might be an antique... 2000 Jeckyll 3000sx. Since the stock components were fairly high-end, I haven't done much to the bike since I got it except ride it. On another thread I mentioned that I'm still running original brake pads after 4 years and about 3-4,000 miles... must be my riding style which is more XC. The only Coda problem I had was with the BB and the factory replaced it with Shimano XT. I used to have XTR rear but broke it on a rock and put and XT on since I've decided I am not that worried about weight. Yes, this one is old enough to have the original frame configuration and rear shock that led to the oft-criticized "seat-bob"... I honestly don't mind it and leave both shocks on all the time. As with most of the other Jeckyll-nuts, I LOVE this bike and have never really had much desire to change to another one. The horn was a gift from my wife... reminds me to not take myself to seriously (most other riders don't anyway).

el Rappazapator

Cool-blue Rhythm My kids bike ...

So well, this is my Jekyll - it's not exactly last year's model but I still adore it pretty much!

"A black kid on a bike?"
    Jul 2004

I'll Play Along.....

My Bike:

'04 Jekyll that has barely been ridden. Factory stock for now but there are big plans in the works.
    Last edited by Joe Rocket; 09-27-2004 at 03:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Here is mine after latest upgrades.

Bike setup:
    * Frame Size & Color: XL, Nimbus Grey
    * Fork: Lefty DLR Ti
    * Brakes: Hayes El Camino w/ Goodridge kit
    * Cranks: FSA Afterburner
    * Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM 9.0
    * Shifters: SRAM 9.0 gripshift
    * Pedals: Look 4x4
    * Stem: Cannondale 25.4 120x20
    * Handlebar: FSA K-Force XC riser
    * Seatpost: Thomson Elite Black
    * Saddle: WTB Rocket V
    * Bottom Bracket: FSA Platinum Pro
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Headset: Cannondale SI
    * Grips: Ritchey TGV
    * Front Tire: Ritchey Z-Max Millenium UST 2.1
    * Front Rim: Mavic X3.1 24 holes
    * Front Hub/Skewer: Cannondale Omega
    * Rear Tire: Hutchinson Python AirLight 2.3
    * Rear Rim: DT XR 4.1d 32 holes
    * Rear Hub/Skewer: Chris King ISO / Salsa Titanium flip-off
    * Seatpost clamp: Hope bolt

Future changes: new cranks + BB (FSA K-Force or RF Deus), Hutchinson Spider UST in front

mtbr member

Jekyl 400 '04

I wouldn't call it tricked out, but it is unusual. Mazocchi AM2 forks, Hope mini brakes. It suits my rather 230lb frame however.

Bike to the Bone...
    Nice frame colors, wich my bike had them. Were they the original or did you order the paint?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    My Current Jekyll 1000 with upgrades. Mine just about done as well. XT cranks...Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 UST...SRAM Rocket Triggers...Lefty DLR. I dig this bike alot. It's so much fun to ride.
    He man what wheels are you running? Where did you buy them?

Nice bike!!!!

Sven

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

jekyll was waaaaayyy cool

until I had my Prophet...but back to the jekyll.....this bike was so much better then anything else I rode at the time. I would still be riding mine if I hadnt been hammered on a downhill by someon on a recent jekyll, which forced me to upgrade to a ...prophet 2000. Anyway my jekyll 2000 from year 2000 was just AWESOME. I loved the paint job too, almost like the 3000 but fading to yellow instead of remaining orange. Awesome build, great components....a really worthy bike.
    R.I.P 26ers....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Missile
    until I had my Prophet...but back to the jekyll.....this bike was so much better then anything else I rode at the time. I would still be riding mine if I hadnt been hammered on a downhill by someon on a recent jekyll, which forced me to upgrade to a ...prophet 2000. Anyway my jekyll 2000 from year 2000 was just AWESOME. I loved the paint job too, almost like the 3000 but fading to yellow instead of remaining orange. Awesome build, great components....a really worthy bike.
    I know, I really like Prophet. I would love to have Lefty MAX in front, but what the heck. I will probably PUSH my rear fork and if I can make enough dough I will buy the new RUSH next year. As they say, one 'dale is good, two are better

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast