Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Finally got some decent res. pics for my Jekyll 900sx. This was at Mount Snow, VT this past weekend. Only thing that hasnt been replaced is the frame and rear shock. Destroyed the rear derailleur just the weekend before and replaced it just in time for the weekend.

Last edited by leftyjekyll; 08-26-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: bad links.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Just a question for the jekyl community I have an 02 Jekyll and would like to upgrade the brakes from the magura Julie's with 4-bolt rotors. What are my options??

Thanks Dennis

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    2003 Jekyll

2001 Jekyll

The red one with the new fork, Lefty Fox RLC (awesome, hugely better than the old DLR)
    http://www.hmltarmo.org/2008/gallery.../_DSC5101.html
    Last edited by BB Holland; 09-23-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: swapped one pic

mtbr member

[SIZE=2]I love those old blue and yellow Dale colour schemes…
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHawk996
    Just a question for the jekyl community I have an 02 Jekyll and would like to upgrade the brakes from the magura Julie's with 4-bolt rotors. What are my options??

Thanks Dennis
    same here,. Im trying to upgrade my Jekyll's CODA brakes to Magura's but have a 4bolt disc. What are the options?? get new wheelsets that accomdates 6 bolt rotors ?

tia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23
    same here,. Im trying to upgrade my Jekyll's CODA brakes to Magura's but have a 4bolt disc. What are the options?? get new wheelsets that accomdates 6 bolt rotors ?

tia
    [SIZE=2]You could use the old discs with new brakes so long as the calliper track and rotor size are right which should work fine…otherwise new hubs because I don’t think there is a 4 to 6 bolt adaptor.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Hope still do 4,5 and 6 bolt rotors........

You need to contact them for size and pricing............

http://www.hopegb.com/voir_mm4disc.html
    2002 M Cannondale Jekyll Goodboy 30th Aniversery...#017-300....

mtbr member
    When it was sorta new

and as last seen as my older bikes were going off to be packed for ebay shipment...............

Oh well, made room for more C-Dales is all
    PrOxY

Unit 91
    Man, I never saw this thread. I haven't owned my Jekyll for a few years now, but heres what it looked like when it was my only bike. It was my first full suspension bike.

Bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    2003 Jekyll w/ Lefty Max TPC+
    This pic is a few years old. I've replaced the XTR cranks w/ new XT's, the Selle Italia Flite saddle has been replaced w/ a WTB Rocket V, and I've upgraded my Magura Martas to 180mm rotors. I also had the rear shock revalved by Push Industries. I love this thing - It's still a fantastic ride! :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

lone rider

The lefty is amazing! I don't know if I could ride anything else but a lefty from here on out! 2003 Jekyll 600. come springtime, it shall be a 1x9 with Juicys and some lighter wheels to boot!
    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Replacing Jekyll shock mounts?

My shock mounts are becoming seriously noisy (creaking). After a couple years of milking it along by lubing the shock trunnion pivot bushings, I picked up a set of replacement mounts from my LBS. But I'm a bit leery of trying to press or pound out the old ones myself. Have any of you guys replaced the shock trunnion mount sleeves? How did you get the old ones out?
    I was thinking about either pressing them out w/ a C-clamp & a socket or driving them out w/ a socket & hammer. I don't want to dork up my frame, though.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, just picked up an '01 frameset brand new. Can anyone tell me the rear wheel travel on this thing. It's a stock RL.
    '96 Uber Light
    '00 R3000 TT
    '08 Six13

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I think it has 125mm travel

mtbr member
    Here's my horse.Stud tires what a amazing grip they have Also original xt dual setup had to go.Now with formula puro power and xtr shifter.Planning to buy shadow rear derailleur, because now shifter works up side down.. Also easton carbon bar is waiting right stem to put on.
    My fleet:
    System six 08
    Moto 1 08
    Jekyll 1000(04)
    Perp 3 (08)

Had R700 (05)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

lone rider
    No wheels since the economy is tanking so bad and cutting my wheels

It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here is my Jekyll from Volvo-Cannondale team!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Anyone know where I can get an 04 or 05 Jekyll swingarm? Email me at tferman@bsn1.net and let me know, I can NOT find one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

My Frankenjekyll

It is pouring outside today so I brought her inside for a tune-up. When looking up torque specs I somehow stumbled across this page and was psyched to see so much Jekyll love. I humbly present to you my well loved/abused franken-jekyll. It started out as a Jekyll 500 which I stripped and built up custom....but then I cracked the front triangle in a crash and they sent me a jekyll 1000 front for replacement. Along with the totally custom dents and paint scratches, this bike features an upside down king headset, and a very rare and totally customized inner tube/electrical tape chainstay protector.

The suspension is handled by a 130mm Minute 2 up front, and I was lucky enough to chance upon a swinger 3 way for the rear. My LBS got one of the very rare Jekylls that came with this shock in for warranty replacement, and they were nice enough to let me rape it for parts before going into the trash. I was then even luckier to find another Swinger 3 way on ebay for cheap, so I have a backup shock in case this one blows up. The difference between the fox with pro-pedal and the adjustable 3-way with spv is night and day....the bike pedals like a hardtail now and still descends like a DH bike.

She won't die, she likes to be ridden rough, and she never talks back so I plan on keeping my "can-o-ale" as long as she will let me.

You can also see my one year old c-dale road bike in the background.....it ain't as fun as being on the trail but it sure is a sweet ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Follow up

Well, as a follow up to last nights post, the rain cleared overnight and it was a beautiful morning so I took her out for a nice little spin on one of my favorite local trails. Thought I would share some pics of my Jekyll in her natural habitat.

For those who are tech geeks like me, I will also share some of the nitty gritty:
    • FORK: Manitou Minute 2 130mm
    • REAR SHOCK: Manitou Swinger 3 way with SPV
    • DRIVETRAIN: XT shifters, Crankset, Cassette, and Rear D (with a very old XTR Front D, the thing just won't die, it has been on 3 bikes!)
    • BRAKES: Avid BB7 Brakes with Avid Levers (I have yet to use better, and I have been through several sets of hydrolics)
    • CONTROLS: Thomson seatpost, FSA oversize Stem and Bar, SPZ BG Saddle, SRAM Grips
    • WHEELS: Handbuilt (by me!) King Hubs with DT-Swiss Competition spokes laced to a Mavic EX823 UST in the front and an EX717 Disc in the back. ***I have another EX823 rim for the rear ready to get laced, but the 717 just won't die.
    • TIRES: Continental Gravity 2.3
    • PEDALS: the same cheapo shimanos I use on all my bikes
    I am a bigger guy so in the last couple years I have replaced my old weight-weeny parts with sturdy stuff and could not be happier. The bike weighs in right now at around 30lbs give or take, and I have had it as light as 27.7. It has incredibly quick handling, plush suspension, and amazing lateral stiffness.

\|/ What 60 looks like
    Here is a picture of my old klunker taken last year on one of the few days it was clean. At my age it doesn't get a very hard workout and will probably outlast me.
    [size=5]-GaryS-[/size]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

My 2002 XL Machine

My first XC rig, used for club rounds and the odd 50/100km ride:

Frame: Cannondale Jekyll 2002 XL
    Fork: Lefty ELO Carbon/Titanium
    Rear Shock: PUSHed Fox Float RL
    Rear Der: Shimano XTR, Ti bolts
    Front Der: Shimano XTR, Ti bolts
    Shifters: Shimano XTR
    Crankset: Cannondale CX2 29/44, Ti chainring bolts
    Bottom bracket: Shimano Dura-ace Octalink
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11-34
    Chain: Sram 991
    Brakes: Magura Louise, Ti bolts
    Rotors: Hope Mono 160mm, Ti bolts
    Hubs: Fr - Lefty Si, Rr - Cannondale/ DT Swiss
    Rims: Mavic TXC 3.01 24h
    Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.1
    Pedals: Shimano XTR
    Stem: Hope 110mm, Ti Bolts
    Bars: FSA K-force carbon
    Grips: Titec Pork Rinds
    Seatpost: Thomson elite, Ti bolts
    Saddle: Fizik Arione CX, carbon rails
    Extras: Cateye Strada computer, Cannondale Immix cage.

Tips the scales at 11.1kg (24.5lb) in current spec with pedals, computer, etc. which is not bad for a 7 year old XL bike. Seems to do everything reasonably well.
    This will be my 'do everything' bike until I decide to pull the trigger on a Flash 29er...

mtbr member
    looks great in white, how do you find the Hope stem, do you need to use a spacer?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I love the Hope stem. I was running the original Syntace VRO system, but wanted something lighter. I swapped the stock bolts for some 6/4 Ti bolts. It came with a spacer, but I also swapped that out for a 1.5" carbon spacer that I Dremel'd out to fit the 1 9/16 steerer.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast