mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Rock Shox on a Bad Boy?

Hi,
    I'm new here! The other day I bought a Bad Boy (2002) second hand. First impressions are amazing, even better than the Giant Cadex One I used to have "all those years ago" :-) The previous owner has put on a set of Judy SL forks at the front. Not sure if I really like it. For one thing they seem to be out of air since they're soft and pull a bit to one side.

What would be a good alternative? Anyone got the part number for the original Cannondale forks?

Cheers, Paul

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duftie Paul
    Hi,
    I'm new here! The other day I bought a Bad Boy (2002) second hand. First impressions are amazing, even better than the Giant Cadex One I used to have "all those years ago" :-) The previous owner has put on a set of Judy SL forks at the front. Not sure if I really like it. For one thing they seem to be out of air since they're soft and pull a bit to one side.

What would be a good alternative? Anyone got the part number for the original Cannondale forks?

Cheers, Paul
    The Bad boy was available a few different ways. Headshock sized headtube, and 1 1/8" headtube. I will assume it is the later, but if it has a big fat headtube, and the previous owner put in a set of reducer cups, that's a different ball game. The non headshock bikes came with a rigid fork, which was black (of course). This being the case, any rigid fork will do the job, as Cannondale has no particular flair for rigid steel MTB forks. If it's a headshock bike, then you have limitless options, and based on how you ride, and what you want, it's wide open. More info?????

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    It's the normal 1 1/8" tube. I see Kona are still doing high quality rigid forks, I used to have Project Two's on my Cadex. Great fork but it sure did hurt on off-road stints. I think I'll stick with the Judy fork for now though.

Members who have read this thread: 0