mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Roadmaster Granite Peak has a really good frame? WTF?

So I have had a faillmart chepo roadmaster for a while now that I use to get around town and sometimes on light trails. The reason is cause nobody would steal that ****, and if they do it wouldnt be as much of a loss than if I lost my Trek. I will just go to failmart and pick up another one. The bike has actually grew on me and I upgraded it with whatever leftover parts I had in my garage. Anyhow, one of my buddies the other day was trying to convince me that my Roadmaster has the same exact frame as some Cannodale models. He was unable to tell me what Cannodale model so I called BS on his statement. I tried to google this and could not find any info on that but he is not letting down and we ended up betting $20. He showed me a Cannodale that looked similar but I am not convinced. Please prove this ******* wrong.

mtbr member
    Collect your $20.00.
    The holding company Dorel industries owns both Cannondale and Pacific cycles which the Roadmaster brand falls under. That is as far as the similarities go.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ascoda View Post
    Collect your $20.00.
    The holding company Dorel industries owns both Cannondale and Pacific cycles which the Roadmaster brand falls under. That is as far as the similarities go.
    I had no clue that Roadmaster Granite peak was even related to Cannondale in any way. In a way you just actually proved that what he stated could be possible. I am not talking about any other parts on the bike other than the frame. I may have to contact Dorel directly cause it seems no one on here really knows as well. They may or may not tell me. I would hate to lose the bet but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Everything has failed on this bike so far except for the frame lol. It keeps riding though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mybikesawhore View Post
    In a way you just actually proved that what he stated could be possible.
    No, I didn't and it's not. The brands are independent of one another. But that is why people get ideas like that in their head.
    Your Roadmaster is a steel frame bike, Cannondale doesn't do steel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ascoda View Post
    No, I didn't and it's not. The brands are independent of one another. But that is why people get ideas like that in their head.
    Your Roadmaster is a steel frame bike, Cannondale doesn't do steel.
    Ahh...that explains it better. I was so caught up in the shape I did not even consider that Cannodale did not even make steel frames. I guess I knew better after all. Thanks for that info!