mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Rize / RZ with SRAM XX drivetrain

Anyone done this before? I remember seeing some members switched to the SRAM XX for their Rize before... I need to find out exactly which model FD that I need for my Rize Carbon... Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i did it, but i left my xt fd. It works flawlessly. Recomend to put 26/39 xx on the front

It's ALLll..the way down!
    Jul 2006
    I've made the switched to XX; rear, front derailleurs, shifters and crank... everything works fine except you have to watch out for the crank spacing. I had to use the alu shim from the OEM FSA afterburner crank for the drive side because my RZ's rear triangle is too wide for it. The Q factor on the BB30 XX crank is too small and without the extra shim (not provided by SRAM in the XX kit) it'll hit the chain stay on the drive side and leaves a huge gap(1cm) on the non drive side (to cure this i used ALL the plastic shims in the kit for the non drive side). To make it worse, the XX manual doesn't mention anything about it... you'll have to improvise as you go. Make sure your LBS knows what they are doing... I guess that's why C-Dale don't spec XX cranks on their top range but instead uses their proprietary hollowgram cranks with XX chain rings.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Keninshiro
    I guess that's why C-Dale don't spec XX cranks on their top range but instead uses their proprietary hollowgram cranks with XX chain rings.
    The reason is more because the Hollowgram SL crankset is a much better crankset, lighter and stiffer...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The reason is more because the Hollowgram SL crankset is a much better crankset, lighter and stiffer...
    That you are right too... any ways to buy an after market SL crank set?

LA CHÈVRE
    Plus the Hollowgram looks a lot better IMO...

Any Cannondale dealer can order one. But then you'll know the one thing the XX crank has over the Hollowgram: price... They're not cheap.

Jul 2006
    I wanted to get the hollowgram but couldn't wait for the long order time hence i purchased the XX instead (was rushing out on an epic MTB ride)... hhuumm i guess now is a good time to put in the order...LOL!

LA CHÈVRE
    Wait times are shorter nowadays apparently...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I do have a Hollowgram SL crankset that came with the Rize, I guess I just need to change the spider (hopefully to get a black one) and XX chainrings for it.