mtbr member
    May 2008

Rize with Pearl 3.1 shock??

Just finishing up building up a Rize with a combo of parts off my old Prophet.
    Am I going to run into problems in the future using the Pearl 3.1 shock off the Prophet or is this a satisfactory replacement for an RP23 or other Float shock? Should I just go out and find a OEM style replacement shock instead of wasting my time trying to tune the pressure just right with the Pearl?
    Thanks in advance...

I'm with stupid
    Hey congrats on the rize!! I would imagine that if the pearl is the same size shock that you should be able to use and tune a bit. Its going to be a a different tune coming off a mx prophet. Might throw it on and see how it feels to you before you go spending a few hundred more on a new rear shock. If not find a rp2/3 or rp23 off ebay and ship it to push and let them make it nice and sweet for you. What fork you end up with on the front?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Haha yeah, I managed to find a Rize locally. The guy had some junk parts on (which were all stripped down and already sold). I moved a lot of parts from the Prophet and very eager to get riding and see if it's all that I'm hoping it will be. I just have the Pike 409 on the front for now and I can definantly notice she's quite nose heavy but until I can afford a replacement fork, this will do. Definantly not complaining if it handles at least somewhat decently...140mm front and rear with the hopes of shaving off 5lbs minimum from the Prophet.
    I just hope the Pearl doesn't do any unforseen damage while saving for some more replacement parts...wheelset, fork and maybe a new shock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You're so frikin paranoid :-) !

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    You're so frikin paranoid :-) !
    Shut the ol' pie-hole there money-bags-OZ...
    Aren't you supposed to be workin' some overtime somewhere??

Pressures seem to be good, at least in the driveway for now, somewhere's in the range of 70psi. I think the pressure can go up once I can get out for a ride and see how the shock actually performs. An RP23 still isn't outta the question considering there is an '09 for $190 on flea-bay but we'll see...