mtbr member

Rize by Gary Fisher: "Roscoe"

One can only wonder...

The bike is called Roscoe and seems to take place of the discontinued Fat Possum. Has 5.5-inches and has the G2 geometry and the new 15QR TALAS upfront. The funny thing though is that it supposedly sports a RP24 shock... On BikeRadar.com.

Take a look:

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    rp24 is a trek only (maybe) shock/fork i believe somthing to do with platform damping

mtbr member
    But there is no need for you to even think it is anything like the Rize, firstly the Hifi which actually is the same as the Rize came out first so it must have been Cannondale who copied and it paid off because the Rize rides better and is substantially stiffer than the Hifi.

Secondly there is absolutely no chance that it is Garry Fisher’s Rize because it has Trek’s ABP rear pivot so the ride on that would be very different and in fact because of that ABP the suspension system is a lot better than what’s used on the Rize.

The new shock is a Dual Rate Control Valve shock special for Gary Fisher bikes only.

mtbr member
    That shock has a tumor!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    But there is no need for you to even think it is anything like the Rize, firstly the Hifi which actually is the same as the Rize came out first so it must have been Cannondale who copied and it paid off because the Rize rides better and is substantially stiffer than the Hifi.

Secondly there is absolutely no chance that it is Garry Fisher’s Rize because it has Trek’s ABP rear pivot so the ride on that would be very different and in fact because of that ABP the suspension system is a lot better than what’s used on the Rize.

The new shock is a Dual Rate Control Valve shock special for Gary Fisher bikes only.
    Man, I glanced at the similarities to the Rize looks and just tried to make some fun out of it here in the Cannondale forum! That's it! Didn't try to ridicularize or compare the bikes in a bad way.

Anyway, there's a lot different going on here, no doubt. I'd probably would even like this bike better than the Rize, but only for some different choices like more travel and more burly set-up and general tech (like the ABP you forementioned). I always prefer Cannondale over other brands and, though I'm having a hard time getting used to both Rize and Moto, I'll dig them eventually. At least I hope so...
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 07-21-2008 at 11:12 AM.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Oh ok, I must say I thought the best part of the bike was this lovely seat clamp called Gary…

[SIZE=2]And I think this thread deserves a photo of the man himself…

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Unit 91
    Looking at that Gary Fisher made me realize something, what happens if my fork breaks and I want/need a new one. Since typical forks dont have an offset, will that mess up my geo? And since my rear shock doesnt have that weird piggy thing, will that mess up my suspension? Questions that I often ask myself about Gary Fisher bikes...
    Bikes

mtbr member
    And there are people who still complain about the Lefty... go figure.