I'm with stupid

Rize 3 Upgrades?

So i have a 2009 rize 3 that i bought last year, I have decided that i wanna do some comments upgrades, I just got a set of crossmax st for it. Now jut need to know what would be worth to upgrade to lighten this bike up. Im not sure if i wanna dive into the whole weight weenie thing but if someone points out parts i might be convinced I put on some xt cranks, But after i ordered them i noticed that i clicked on the 170 ones and my stock cranks are 175 on a larger. Is this a big deal to worry about? thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    RE the cranks,
    If you are 5-10 or smaller, the 170 probably wont be to noticeable. The real nice bonus is you get a little more rock clearance.

As for lightening more,
    Look at your cassette, I think it's a 970 they are rather heavy and an m770 XT is about 100 gr less for less than $100.

Lose the bar too
    An easton monkey lite XC is 100 gr less and cost about $110 or so. You will totally notice how nice the ride is with a carbon bar is.

Lose those Rendez tires,
    I rode a Rize 3 with those on and it's weird.
    I would suggest some Schwable nobby nics, like a 2.1 in back and 2.25 in front (UST since you have ST rims now.)
    Or, to go a bit lighter, go with Geax Barrow mountain TNT 2.1 in back and 2.3 in front. I run the 2.3 a lot. It's only 700 gr and grips most everything. At $45, they are a bargin!
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

yorkshire mud monkey
    ride the hell out of it then bu stuff as u need it.enjoy it.
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"

I'm with stupid
    Thanks for advice, I got rid of those tires last season and went with a larsen back and ignitor front till those wore out and then went to the spec captain. Thought about the bars looked into those as well as a thompson post (good buy?) As far as chains go what there? xtr? and the cranks im 6'1" issue enough to get a new set? thanks for the advice.
    As far as riding it then replacing i put over 500 miles on it since i got it last may, so change is due for some parts.