Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rize 3 broken swingarm

Well after 550miles of all mountain trail riding I landed a small hill jump about 2feet high and snapped the swingarm on the right side just behind the BB. Now the warranty process begins. Will keep you updated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rize 3 broken swingarm-img00182-20100418-1818.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2007
    For as obvious as that is a bad weld...............

And for as surprisingly easy as it was for me to take my ENTIRE rear triangle apart to clean and regrease..........................

I would think Cdale could have a new swing arm out to your LBS by 2 day air today!!!
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Ridin' dirty!
    I think the RIZE is the perfect example of why an all mountain rig shouldn't be overly lightweight....
    The RIZE's keep snapping left and right.....I think they are a bad replacement for the Prophet which was (and still is) a true all-rounder.....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the responses. Where did you see other posts of Rizes snapping left and right. I would like to have some of that data to back me up.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just from my personal observation on here and out riding, I dont think the Rize is any worse than any other bike of the same catagory.

I think the issue is that Prophet was so fricken bomb proof and did anything you wanted and wanted more. After a 4 ft drop, if you listened carefully, your Prophet snickered, "That's your best, wake me when you really want to ride".

I owned a Prohet and now a Rize. With the Prophet, I just pointed it downhill, let the brakes off and held on for dear life. It just went over everything it seamed. I have to be a little more selective with my line on my Rize, but the Rize climbs better and "rails" turns better too.

mtbr member
    Ouch! Sorry for the Compound Tib/Fib Fracture...
    Yea that reminded me of my left lower leg injury. It snapped like a twig. You guys should see the x-rays! I'll post them in the....... I guess injury section. Anyways, should I worry about my rize one? It's comming home to me in 1 week.
    Thanks fellow MTBR's.

mtbr member
    I have seen one other Rize fail in the exact same place on here, it was a red one too...

RIZE 3 Swingarm Snapped!

Good luck with the claim. lets us all know how things go !

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Maybe the red paint has Al eating termites in it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chick0
    I have seen one other Rize fail in the exact same place on here, it was a red one too...

RIZE 3 Swingarm Snapped!

Good luck with the claim. lets us all know how things go !

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    LBS closed on Mondays...dangit! Dropped it off today and they told me with any luck I should have a new swing arm by the weekend. The bike mech. that works there has the exact same bike as mine and he hasn't had any problems...so far. I mentioned that I was concerned there may have been further damage to the frame when the swing arm broke and he assured me they would put the allignment tool on it to make sure all is well. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Cannondale agrees it is a warranty issue and the new swing arm is enroute. I should have her back by Wednesday! Until then I will use my bomb proof 14year old never broke Super-V.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Still waiting for the new swingarm. Won't find anything out until tomorrow.

gmk
    angels get bald too
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter32
    Still waiting for the new swingarm. Won't find anything out until tomorrow.

more than 2 weeks !

"Show your bike some love and it will show the love back."
    Eric, niner bikes

the most important vehicle is a 29er bicycle

mtbr member
    "I should have her back by Wednesday!"

Wednesday of what month?
    Bummer that it's taking so long.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

Can't stop the Prophet
    Where is the "Loaner Bike" from the LBS???

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brows141
    Where is the "Loaner Bike" from the LBS???

Just have them swap the rear triangle from their loaner bike.

Can't stop the Prophet
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    Just have them swap the rear triangle from their loaner bike.

Actually questioning if he was given a replacement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    No loaner and still no swingarm. I got tired of the BS from my LBS so I called Cannondale customer service. They contacted the local sales rep who contacted my LBS to find out what was up. The guy at the shop told her that they were having a hard time reaching me. I have been calling them almost every day so that pissed me off. Cannondale informed me that I will be getting a new 2010 RZ140 frame set(Black), not including the lefty. Upon getting that info I called the LBS to see what they found out and they informed me that I will be getting a new swing arm(Matte Black). I told them that I was under the impression that I would be getting a new frame but they still said swing arm only. So I called Cannondale again to reconfirm and relay what the LBS just told me and they said NO....you will be getting a new frame set and that it will be several weeks before I get it. Let me just say also that the guy at the shop said the new swing arm will be here in time for me to ride by this weekend. So I ask you all WTF!!??

mtbr member
    WOW! So the LBS is saying they are only getting a swing arm, and cannondale says they are sending the whole frameset?

Sounds like the LBS is scamming you - they get the frame set and just give you the swing arm. And they were hoping you wont find out. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!! Or at the very least - SHENANIGANS!!!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr01930
    WOW! So the LBS is saying they are only getting a swing arm, and cannondale says they are sending the whole frameset?

Sounds like the LBS is scamming you - they get the frame set and just give you the swing arm. And they were hoping you wont find out. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!! Or at the very least - SHENANIGANS!!!
    I agree here. Something is up or the LBS just has no clue. Keep in contact with Cdale and get a ship date. My LBS was able to give me ship dates of my frame from Cdale.

The bad thing about the new frame is you have to swap all your parts. With the swing arm, all you need to do is the RD, rear brake and wheel. The swing arm is fairly easy to swap out.

mtbr member
    Just a thought, who has the right of ownership of the old front triangle?
    Last edited by chick0; 05-19-2010 at 11:25 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    I agree here. Something is up or the LBS just has no clue. Keep in contact with Cdale and get a ship date. My LBS was able to give me ship dates of my frame from Cdale.

The bad thing about the new frame is you have to swap all your parts. With the swing arm, all you need to do is the RD, rear brake and wheel. The swing arm is fairly easy to swap out.
    Bad thing? I love assembling bikes from a bare frame!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Bad thing? I love assembling bikes from a bare frame!

I 2nd that...almost more fun than riding them
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The shop has to destroy the damaged parts. I can't wait to see what they say come Friday.

Just a flesh wound

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by cooter32
    The shop has to destroy the damaged parts. I can't wait to see what they say come Friday.
    Swingarm, right? Keep the rest. They will sell everything else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Julio
    Swingarm, right? Keep the rest. They will sell everything else.

This is what i was asking, who is entailed to the undamaged front triangle ? I would expect Cannondale would be wanting it back, as the parts that are being replaced are at there expense, why should the shop profit from the used front triangle..!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast