mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Rize 1 Or Rush Carbon Team

Please let me know your opinion and state the reasons. Thanks.
    I've been hearing a lot of good reviews for the Rize 1, that it is better than the Rush Carbon. Is the Rize Carbon an XC bike also? (just adjust the propedal to firm?)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I guess it depends on what/where do you plan to ride. I have a Rush, handling is excellent but it has a low bottom bracket and can smash the pedals from time to time if you're not prepared. It's not too much of a problem where I ride with some rocky sections. I'd say it's a little more XC oriented.

If you like to jump anything over 3ft get a Rize. I haven't ride one but it looks to be a great compromise between XC and all mountain. If I was buying a new bike right now I'd get one.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    well....., what sort if riding would you like to use the bike for?

The Rize may be a better trail bike but not necessarily better for you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the inputs. I will be using it for trails with no big jumps. I mean, in that case, which bike would be better for XC? Will the rize equal the rush in climbing or descending? (when it is set to "Firm" propedal)? Im thinking because the rize is a new bike that it has more advantage than the rush? (RIZE1 and RUSH CARBON TEAM to be exact)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    for the average rider I think the Rize is the better bike. It may give up just a little to the Rush climbing, but it will do just about everything else better. IMO it handles just as good as a Rush (I own both) but you can get back on the pedals faster and pedal through alot more stuff, and the clearance is nice for log crosses and stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I had Rush, and naow I have Rize. I would reccomend Rize, both of them are great bikes. But rize has more travel, and the travel feels much better. It climbs maybe not as good as Rush (but there is no big difference). But downhill is a blast with Rie, really much better than Rush.