mtbr member

Reynolds Carbon 29er 12x142

Did some search but couldn't find an answer yet.

I have a pair of Reynolds Carbon 29er that came stock with the Flash1.

I want to put them on a Trigger 29er 1.
    So far I know it will work with the lefty max and KH112 (Cannondale part number) brake adapter for the front.

My question is about adapters for the rear wheel, do you know where I can buy adapters so the rear wheel is transformed to the 12x142 axe of the trigger?

I've emailed Reynolds CS but no reply so far.

Are there common adapter that will work on this wheel, or do I need reynolds adapter in particular?

I know that when you buy the set of wheels from them, it comes with everything (adapter, etc), but because it came stock on the Flash (therefore not 12x142) i didnt get any of these extra goodies.

Thanks for your good help as usual.

mtbr member
    No idea?
    Damn, Reynolds isn't replying either, must be a tough one! lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You need to order the conversion kit through your local shop. Reynolds wont sell to the GP. I just converted mine a week ago. The Reynolds part # is 20230. My shop ordered the kit on a Thursday afternoon and it arrived on the following Wednesday. It cost about $45. I searched everywhere for the kit including Ebay and they are not readily available. Good luck.
    You'll need a 12mm Allen wrench to swap out the end caps.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot RyderX!!
    Guess you just solved my problem!
    Will call up my LBS on monday and ask if they can order this particular part#.
    Thank you!

Feb 2008
    I have a flash 29 alloy 2, and just picked up a Reynolds carbon wheelset on ebay... a new, scalpel take-off. The hub is set up for a 142 x 12 thru axle, but i just have the standard quick release. Would that same 20230 kit you mentioned have the parts i need? Reynolds' website stinks. Also, if you guys pulled the QR end caps off your hub, perhaps that's just the part i need? interested in selling them?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Conversion to 12x142

I called the Reynolds and was able to talk to someone after 4 tries. Trying to convert set of 29er Carbon wheels from 10x135mm to 12x142mm. They sent me the end caps but the cassette side cap will not fit into the cassette body. The flange is too wide to go into the cassette body. I have 2011 SRAM XX 10 speed in the back. I will try to call back the Reynolds next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScafunge View Post
    I have a flash 29 alloy 2, and just picked up a Reynolds carbon wheelset on ebay... a new, scalpel take-off. The hub is set up for a 142 x 12 thru axle, but i just have the standard quick release. Would that same 20230 kit you mentioned have the parts i need? Reynolds' website stinks. Also, if you guys pulled the QR end caps off your hub, perhaps that's just the part i need? interested in selling them?

Feb 2008
    Try reversing the caps. I had the same problem when I installed my end caps. They are left and right specific.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    If you mean switching left and right, I've tried that and won't work with the end caps I have. You may have had different ones. Thx,