mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Review on 2008 Scalpel on Bikeradar.com

It's a long review comparing the Alu and Carbons models, guess which is favoured ...?

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...bon-2-08-28208

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    That article is straight outta What? MTB mag. I bought that issue last week when I was in London It is a strange article though as they are comparing two base models. If it was the top of the line carbon (scalpel ultimate) vs the top of the line alloy (Scalpel 3) it probably would have been a different article.

LA CHÈVRE
    Bikeradar reviews usually are les than 50 words long and seem to like everything, seeing the length of that review gives a sign it's from another source...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

More than somewhat.
    That was a good read.

Although, it could just be that I'm buried up to my brown eye in snow at present.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    bike radar reviews are taken from (for mtb) from one of the two sister MTB mags that are available in the UK and US also (probably other places too...), Mountain Biking UK (MBUK) and What Mountain Bike (WMB). I love both magazines, and buy every issue. They are about $10 an issue, but they are also over 100 pages each time. reviews are usually top notch, and they aren't afraid to point out mistakes like some other mags. The shorter reviews on bikeradar.com are typically just overviews of the bike itself and not necessarily based on actual ride experience. Also, alot of the reviews must be looked at in context because they run tests that include several bikes trying to fulfill one niche, and do the reviews as they see that bike fitting into that niche. For instance, they just gave the awesome GT Force a bad review, but they were comparing it to 6" FR/AM bikes when it is meant for trail. so there's more than you ever wanted to know.

mtbr member
    It sounded to me he had better things to say about the carbon but then chose the Alu without a real reason? did I miss something?

More than somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sp3000
    It sounded to me he had better things to say about the carbon but then chose the Alu without a real reason? did I miss something?

++1