mtbr member

replacment prophet swing arm stronger

My lbs is replacing my 2007 prophets rear swing arm due to a flexing issue and a noisey hot bos assembly. The new swing arm does not have the xc / fr holes to change the head tube angle and it has a metal brace welded between where the tire and the e type front derailer goes. Has any one seen this style of replacement swing arm sent from the cann ondale Reps. And has any one heard how the new swing arms preform? The rep said that he had this swing arm siting in his garage and that the factory was out

Karl

mtbr member
    Thats a swing arm from a Rush, not a Prophet. I don't know what that would do to your geometry not being able to adjust the head tube angle. I'd call Cannondale on that one since it isn't the correct part, I'd be worried about how it might affect your warranty. I was told they are replacing frames with the creaky hotbox with the rise frames.

mtbr member

any chance i could get a pic of the swing arm

Quote Originally Posted by gemini6
    Thats a swing arm from a Rush, not a Prophet. I don't know what that would do to your geometry not being able to adjust the head tube angle. I'd call Cannondale on that one since it isn't the correct part, I'd be worried about how it might affect your warranty. I was told they are replacing frames with the creaky hotbox with the rise frames.
    Thanks 4 your reply and advice. The rep said that the swing arm he gave me was an updated one made the last year the prophet was made. If I had some pics to look at that would be very helpful. Does the rise still use the swing arm with the brace? If I went to the lbs could I see this swing arm? I don't want to be greedy but I would like my bike to work correctly.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    The bike should work fine, it will be like riding in the FR position all the time. Maybe check to make sure the brace doesn't contact the seat tube. Sounds like the rep doesn't know exactly what he's talking about since the Prophet never had the brace and the single shock mount hole.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I had the same prob in 2007 and my LBS had it replaced with a black swingarm from a Prophet-it works great-I have both XC and FR holes and use XC for AM. A few other guys in my area had the same issues and got the black one. I feel this was Cannondale's best bike ever. Lets hope the new stuff is just as tough and give the weight weenies their own bikes.

mtbr member
    I have an update. i called cannondale directly and spoke a with a lady named heather and described the issue. she is checking the frame geo of both the cannondale and the rush. she said if they gave me the rush swing arm they made a mistake and will try to find a prophet swing arm or work out something else. so im waiting a phone call back. i had just got a new lefty PBR 140 from cannondale so i hope they are able to solve this issue cause i am a loyal customer.

karl

mtbr member

what if i dont use the fr

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    The bike should work fine, it will be like riding in the FR position all the time. Maybe check to make sure the brace doesn't contact the seat tube. Sounds like the rep doesn't know exactly what he's talking about since the Prophet never had the brace and the single shock mount hole.
    Duncan, thanks 4 the advice. My prophet is set up 4 xc riding not fr. Is there any way that replacement swing arm could be set up for xc riding and how did you determin that the new swing arm would be set up in fr mode?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmichael
    Duncan, thanks 4 the advice. My prophet is set up 4 xc riding not fr. Is there any way that replacement swing arm could be set up for xc riding and how did you determin that the new swing arm would be set up in fr mode?

Thanks
    If you compare the Prophet's swingarm to the Rush's, you can see that the hole on the Rush is in the same place as the FR on the Prophet. There is no good way I can think of to make the swingarm to be in the XC position.

mtbr member
    Here are some pictures comparing my 12mm Thru axle swing arm to my friends Rush swingarm. I reversed one of the pictures so they are in the same orientation.

Prophet:

Rush:

EDIT: Sorry the picture disappeared for a while. It's back now.
    Last edited by Duncan1104; 08-13-2010 at 07:46 AM.

mtbr member

thanks...

i see the difference in the photo. the swing arm in the shop is the rush one based on the pics and from what i have been reading. I will talk to cannondale in the morning and see what they can do about my prophet. I wonder if i flip my stem to a neg angle and get a flat bar if i can offset the slacker angle??? or if i lower my front end some how. i climb a lot with my prophet and have had to replace all the stock parts. All of them to make her ride the way i like. I hope this swing arm will not mess her up.

karl

mtbr member
    i see the difference in the photo. the swing arm in the shop is the rush one based on the pics and from what i have been reading. I will talk to cannondale in the morning and see what they can do about my prophet. I wonder if i flip my stem to a neg angle and get a flat bar if i can offset the slacker angle??? or if i lower my front end some how. i climb a lot with my prophet and have had to replace all the stock parts. All of them to make her ride the way i like. I hope this swing arm will not mess her up.

karl
    Well I have no idea where you live, but there is a shop an hour away from me that has an '05 Prophet swingarm in raw. It's just sitting there on display. I asked if it was for sale, but they said is wasn't. Maybe they would be willing to give it up for the right circumstances. If you might be interested PM me I'll let you know what shop.

mtbr member
    Well good news. The rush swing arm won't work with my tire and shock set up. The lady at cannondale was able to find a team issue prophet frame with a correctly heated swing arm. The frame set had never been built up or ridden. My paint might not match the new swing arm but atleast I get my bike back ill post pics once she/gets back to my house

mtbr member
    Well good news. The rush swing arm won't work with my tire and shock set up. The lady at cannondale was able to find a team issue prophet frame with a correctly heated swing arm. The frame set had never been built up or ridden. My paint might not match the new swing arm but atleast I get my bike back ill post pics once she/gets back to my house
    Good to hear! I'm glad everything worked out. Cannondale usually pulls through.