mtbr member

New question here. Replacing old Cannondale

It's official like a referee with a whistle. I'm coughing up some cash for a new mtn bike. After more than 10 years of slowly changing parts as needed, I'm going to upgrade my frame and fork.

I have a 96' Cannondale M200. Here's the current parts list.

Rockshox Indy C
    Mavic 221 w/LX hubs
    LX V brakes
    27spd LX drivetrain
    WTB Saddle
    Thomson stem
    Easton riser bars
    Michelin tires

I had bought an 02 cannondale f800 lefty brand new. I rode it for 3 months and suffered a small ruptured disc. I didn't feel the same back on the bike. So I sold the f800 and kept the m200. From there on, I took mtn biking lightly. Now I can take mtn biking more serious. So it's time to upgrade.

Edit:
    Buying back my 02 F800 from my cousin. He's only been on the bike 5-6 times in the last 5 years.

Thanks for your help.....

M200

Last edited by Bosplya; 01-10-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Dude, check it out.......bar ends............

Whoa,

OK, I cant say anything, I had a pair in 96 too.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    No worries....I just located my old 2002 F800 w/lefty I sold. I'm buying it back on Friday. So the 08' F6 is out.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

narCOTIC
    I have a 2002 f800, and i love the thing! Did you get it in the matte black?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken*
    I have a 2002 f800, and i love the thing! Did you get it in the matte black?
    Yup!

I can't wait either. I pick it up on Friday. It's completely stock. The previous owner hasn't changed anything. First thing I plan to do is swap over my saddle, pedals, and tires. Last time I was riding it, it was somewhat of a stretched seating position. I'm going to see if I need a shorter stem. I'm looking at Thomson and Truvativ as replacements. I'm also thinking of picking up a Cane Creek thudbuster st seatpost. Don't want my lower back to act up.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

narCOTIC
    Sweet.

I changed the seatpost for a USE sumo carbon, the bars for USE carbon atom risers, a Hope lefty stem and some crank bros 5050's.

Here's a link to a pic - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...64876#poststop

mtbr member
    Hilarious.....I've gone through that thread before and saved your bikes pic.

I forgot to mention Hope as well for a stem. I forgot carbon can soak up road harshness. Did you notice a smoother ride with the seatpost? I might opt for a carbon seatpost over the heavy cane creek thudbuster.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

narCOTIC
    The carbon bars and seat post really help soak up the track buzz, and they are seriously light for their strength! The Hope stem is awesome, it's slightly heavier (a couple of grams) than the stock one i took off, but the extra stiffness really makes up for it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What kind of shape is your old Indy C fork in? Does it still work well and would you be willing to sell? I have a 95 M800 that needs one.

mtbr member
    Hadouken, I'm going to ride it this weekend and see how it does as is. Then consider how much dampening I need for my booty.

soccerjett, the indy c is decent shape. It gets the job done. I'm pretty sure I don't want to get rid of it. I've spent hours trying to find a newer replacement and know how hard it is. If I change my mind I'll let you know.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah it is, I actually have a Judy from that era that I would use if I could find new elastomers or springs for it. It's all but worthless, and the 100mm one I put on to replace it is just too big.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosplya
    I'm also thinking of picking up a Cane Creek thudbuster st seatpost. Don't want my lower back to act up.
    Problem with a suspension seatpost is that only works while you're sitting. Since most people stand during rough sections your back will probably take a beating. I'd serious consider a full suspension. I'd got a hardtail that I really like to ride but won't take on long rides because my back gets sore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Problem with a suspension seatpost is that only works while you're sitting. Since most people stand during rough sections your back will probably take a beating. I'd serious consider a full suspension. I'd got a hardtail that I really like to ride but won't take on long rides because my back gets sore.
    I picked up the bike yesterday. I've already swapped some of my parts from my old C'dale. I hope to go for a ride tomorrow. We'll see how stiff the ride will be. If too stiff, I'm going to try a carbon seatpost like hadouken.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX