mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Bonking ... not feelin' well Repaint My Prophet

hey guys... i just wondering.. izzit possible for me to repaint my cannondale propet? i was thinking about getin the prophet 5 and repaint that in sobe green colour.... and if i repaint the frame professionally would it affect my life time warranty?

thanx guys!
    SCALPEL 900 ( Sobe Rep)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You'll loose the warranty

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I dont doubt you but why would you loose the warranty on the frame? Maybe because however it was repainted could have caused structural damage or something?

banned
    Best idea is to go to Cannondale. They might be able to offer a reasonably priced prep and repaint for you.

Cannondale Snob
    You could get the whole frame annodized instead...
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

banned
    Very risky on frames not designed to be ano'd from the beginning. Sometimes a bit of material is lost throughout and for assemblies, this could mean a ruined frame.

7hz
    Old newbie
    I have piped up about this before, but anyway... My take on it is this - I believe all aluminium frames are anodised before they are painted. Anodising strengthens the surface of the metal radically., and holds paint better. Also, aluminium oxidises very quickly anyway if exposed to air.

Any kind of refinishing could affect this, as well as the frame in general (esp if it is sandblasted or whatever), which is why you loose the warranty on a refinished frame. Fair enough I think. Even the paint layer has a lot of protection in it.

I would say the advice to send it to C'dale if you want a new paint job is correct. The other option is to just forget about it and ride the damn thing :-)