mnt bike laws of physics

Regular Lefty on an XL Trigger 29er???

The XL Trigger 29er has the same HT length as the other Cannondales and (according to the manual online) it also uses headshok bearings, but with a different steerer that allows the use of a 1.5" stem.

I am thinking I can install a regular Lefty on one. When the carbon model comes out (if they do sell a frame only) I would like to build up a lighter weight long travel endurance machine with the XLR lockout. My current Lefty is an XLR that is rigged to have 120mm with a 29er and I like a little longer travel in the rear for long rides when I get lazy so the Trigger frame would be perfect for that.

Any confirmation would be helpful. The only other frame that would fit my purposes is the Scott Genius but I would prefer the Trigger....if they do decide to sell the frame separately.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You want to know if a fork will fit a frame that doesn't exist yet?
    Sure...why not...it's a free country.
    Looking at my 29er 1.....I don't see why it wouldn't fit the current alloy frame.
    But the Super Max has a big offset....I don't know if the other Triggers have custom offsets on the Fox And Rockshox forks.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Thanks, but I am looking for more accuracy that looks...like, does the current frame actually use headshok bearings. Looking at the manual, it says they do but I would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure before considering buying.

I am assuming the carbon will be the same design as the aluminum which is not far fetched.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet View Post
    Looking at the manual, it says they do but I would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure before considering buying.
    You've kind of answered your own question... the Cannondale Trigger 29er Manual (129920_TRIGGER_OMS_EN_scr) gives pretty detailed information and dimensions for the headtube/headset/bearings on pages 5 and 31.

I've owned quite a few Lefty bikes over the years (Lefty, Lefty Max and Lefty 29er) and I have to say that the new Supermax 29er fork is an absolute cracker. If the only way to get one is to buy a complete bike, then it's worth doing... far better than previous lefty forks especially for this type of bike.

mnt bike laws of physics
    I bet it is the awesomest. Just looking for something lighter for the occasional race but still would like more than a 100mm of cush in the rear. And being able to use a lighter, stiffer, and stronger SI stem/steerer is a major plus for me.

I own a Sultan with a 140mm Fox for those trails than need the extra burl. That ride is a beast!