mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Refurb my lefty or new fork

Deciding to resurrect my Gemini, which has been lounging at the back of my garage for the last couple of years.
    I bought it after I tested a Gemini 1000 (lefty equiped) but could only afford the 900 (Manitou Sherman's fitted). As I didn't turn in to the freeride/DH god I had hoped , I eventually got hold of and fitted a carbon lefty to take it back to the spec of the 1000 I originally wanted. The overall weight was still high (heavy finishing kit & DH wheels) & I eventually bought a Prophet which I loved even better - so it got put into storage.

So what to put on the front end of the Gemini? I still have the carbon lefty (and an Ali version) as I replaced the Prophets forks with some RS 140 Rev's but the lefty seals are shot and the damping never that good.
    Now I could buy a 2011 pbr lefty damper and get it serviced or I could buy another set of new RS 140 Rev for it, for probably less money.

So my question... I want you honest opinion on what you'd do, not what you'd like to do but which would you choose, and why?
    Last edited by z1ppy; 03-09-2011 at 08:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I've personally seen a guy with a Lefty on a Gemini and asked him why he did it and he said it made a great AM this way. His freind had a Super V that he bought at a Toronto Pawn shop. This was 2 years ago in Dundas Valley!