I like to ride my bike.

Reducing Cups or Reducing Headset?

I'm sorry, but I'm done with my Lefty. I'm putting my flexy Reba on and was wondering whether I should use reducing cups from Cannondale or a Cane Creek reducing headset.

The cups would be cheaper and Cannondale has used both methods on their new bikes. I would think a headset would be best for durability, but if I can get away with reducing cups, that would be good.

(I tried searching, but did not get much so if I missed a thread like this, please give a link .)
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    I'd recommend the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5R which allows you use a 1 1/8 fork.. My Gemini came stock with the FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5 and Sherman 1.5 fork. The FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5 & 1.5R use the identical cups but different reducer cap and crown to switch between a 1.5 or 1 1/8 steer tube.

This headset allows you to use a 1.5 fork in the future by just changing external parts.

I use this headset on both my Gemini and Prophet and have switched from a 1.5 to 1 1/8 fork and back again with no problems.

got the dhr...
    Ya your'e gonna be a lot happier with a reducing headset. I'm gonna get a woodman saturn solution headset soon, they look pretty good, and not to pricey. If you have the dough-get a chris king reducer.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Why are you done? How much do you want for it? I'm always willing to take advantage of folks in moments of weakness
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

mtbr member
    I just purchased a Cane Creek Double XC reducer headset specially made for Cannondales. It's build like a tank and looks great, but the problem with these headsets is they are heavy as a brick! Mine weighed in at almost 0.5lbs!!! If you don't mind the weight gain, that's what I'd recommend.

In the mean time, does anyone know of a lighter headset reducer setup for our bikes?

S&G CREW
    Id go with the ethirteen refucer cups and a is headset