mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Rear Shock Options for the Jekyll

Does anyone know if there are any other rear shock options for the Jekyll other than stock?

Clyde
    Pre or Post 2003 model. Pre-2003 I believe you options are all stock Float, Float R and Float RL. I have a PUSHED Float R. Which I strongly recommend. Send it to Push Industries and for $150 will rebult your shock with new valuing that behaves alot like the pro-pedal feature. I love mine and at 225lb I need a good shock. For Post 2003 you have a few more options but I still believe the consensus is to get the shock PUSHED. Search the forum and you will see what I mean.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a year 2000 Jekyll 900Sx with a Fox Float RC shock. I can get a Fox 07 Float R 7.875x2 from Santa Cruz for a decent price. Anybody know it the Float R might fit the Jekyll? Thank you!

mtbr member
    Check out Risse Racing. Heres a link to their website: http://www.risseracing.com/ I don't know much about them but they make a shock for the jekyll.
    Foresthorse as far as I know you have to have a shock specially made for the jekyll. The Float R from santa cruz would not work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I checked out Risse Racing and they DO in fact make an after market shock for the Jekyll. Anyone know anything about them and their products?

mtbr member

Risse

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrock
    I checked out Risse Racing and they DO in fact make an after market shock for the Jekyll. Anyone know anything about them and their products?
    I have used Risse products for many years, and they are great. I have had one of their shocks on my Heckler/Superlights for many years, and another version on my other bike as well.. I would have one on my Jekyll, but the Fox has stayed OK.
    Risse does service/rebuilds for a very reasonable fee, and they do it ten times faster than Fox.
    The minute the LBS says my Fox has to go back to Fox for one of their overpriced rebuilds, I will order up the Risse.
    "A RIDE, that's a GOOD IDEA!"