mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Real weight of (Carbon) Rush

Hi

Im looking into buying a Carbon Rush to replace my Prophet SL 1000. They are somewhat simmilar bikes, but I've tried the Carbon Rush and it's a better bike imo, fstiffer than the Prophet SL and better geometry/handling.

I have my eye on the Rush 1 from 2007 or 2008 (Speed SL, XTR, SLR's) and would like to know the real weight of this bike. I've seen some weights advertized, but they range from 10.8to 11.7 kg for this model. Reason for asking is that my Prophet SL feels quite heavy compared to my Taurine, and I would like the Rush to be much lighter the the Prophet.

So I'm keen to know the actual weight of the Rushes ridden by the members of this forum.

J

mtbr member
    Just purchased a 2007 Rush 3 C arbon. Weighed out with all stock parts including Crank Bros. Egg Beaters at 27.7 lbs. Plan to change a few items, but that is decent for an x-large frame and off the rack components. Don't know how that will compare to your prophet. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    The Rush frame only weighs 1 pound less than the Prophet.

mad aussie
    I have a small Rush Carbon Team (sort of-some custom components) and it weighs in at 23.2lb with Hutchinson Python tubeless ready tires, bottle cages and computer. I plan on treating it to some Formula Puro brakes in place of the K24 to save a few more grams and add some bling. A friend's large size weighs in at 24.5, but he has the lefty carbon DLR, no the SL version on the bike.

Kevin

More than somewhat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Not quite a Rush 1, but...

My small Rush Carbon Team is at 24.51 lb ready to ride right now. Differs from stock:
    - Sram X.O Twist
    - ODI Lock-Ons (Rogue, short version)
    - Some stubby bar ends (claimed <70 grams)
    - 1 Arundel (sp.?) bottle cage
    - Raceface bashring in place of large chainring
    - Cateye Micro Wireless computer w/ lefty mount
    - 1 Specialized 2.0 S-Works Storm Control tubeless w/ Stans
    - 1 Specialized 1.8 Sauserwind tubelss w/ Stans

ganginwood
    21.6 pounds? even if that's 1/2 true, he's riding on a piece of plywood for a saddle. maybe he has a grudge match with his ass.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for all the info guys, it look like with a carefull selection of components I can hit the 24 to 24.5lbs mark.

However, the Rush carbon frame is only a tadd lighter than my Prophet frame, main difference will come from the Lefty Speed SL on the Rush frameset vs my Lefty DLR2 (saving about 600gr with the SI steerer). So its eihter dishing up the cash and get the Rush, or leave it at a nice upgrade of my Prophet but, still hitting a comfortable 25.5lbs.

I'll have to sleep on it for some nights ....