mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Radium R pressure setting

Wondering what air pressure others are running in their Radium R shock. I used the chart that's included with the Prophet. My weight is 225lbs with gear. The chart states 190psi for XC and 180psi for FR. If I use these, I'm not getting anywhere near the 25% of stroke length for sag. (50mm/2in stroke x 25% = 12.5mm/.5in)

I messed around last night and found that 100psi got the correct sag. Haven't done a trail ride to check performance.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by jdinsj; 11-05-2008 at 09:17 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    I'd trust your sag technique more than the recommandation on the chart... I use much lower pressures than recommended on my Prophet, mine has a Swinger 3-Way.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I forgot to include rebound settings. 5 or 6 clicks for both the Lefty FFD and the Radium.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I weigh 200 pounds and I ran 130 in my Radium (on a prophet). I have a swinger 3 way now and also run 130 on that. Bring your shock pump with you on your ride so you can experiment with different settings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    What is the max pressure on the Radium R? I'm trying to get mine dialed in and don't want to blow it up.

Just a flesh wound

whatever feels right

I run 130 psi in my Radium R and I weigh 190 with gear. Works here in New England. I have run 150 and 160, but it was too stiff. Pay no attention to the sag. Run what fits your style. You'll know it when you feel it.