mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Quick CX Ultra 2010 Vs Bad Boy Solo 2010

Hello All!

As my first post here I'd like to present my obsessive delima between the Quick CX Ultra 2010 and Bad Boy Solo 2010.

Bikes Purpose: Ride around mostly cement trails with my wife and ride around the Houston city's various bike trails and even some downtown rides. The bike will not be used for mountain biking as I have one already, but mostly as a comfortable durable, but fast and slick urban rider.

Budget: $1500 or under

Currently I am siding with the Quick CX Ultra as I like the 80mm quick lock out shock and the Shimano components (I like the index shifters). Other than that I really like the black styling of the Bad Boy and do have a thing for the lefty solo as it's just freaking cool.

If I bought the Quick, I'd probably by some 26c tires like the Bad Boy for more efficient riding on pavement/bike trials. The Quick in many ways just seems more practical.

I'm still not sure which one is heavier as I'm guessing they are pretty close in weight and I would be riding a large frame.

Any biases out there or concerns I should be aware of between these two models?

Should I just scrap both and get a Quick 2?

They really both just look like lightened up mountain bikes to me and I hear with 26" they actually become a beginner to intermediate mountain bike.

Your thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks!

VS

LA CHÈVRE
    For a bike other than a mountain bike, I'd prefer not having a suspension. Simpler, less things to maintain or that can go wrong and let's face it, a suspension is pretty useless on the road, even on dirt roads and rock dust bike path surfaces. I'd go with the Bad Boy Disc with the rigid Solo...

I'm very close to get one of these myself for commuting (my commutes aren't so long, I think it's around 6miles each way max). Rigid, internal shifting, fun...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Will considering the Rigid lefty disk as well.

Edit: Now looking more at Quick 2...heck why rule out a cyclocross either.
    Last edited by snarbles; 04-08-2010 at 11:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by snarbles
    Hello All!

As my first post here I'd like to present my obsessive delima between the Quick CX Ultra 2010 and Bad Boy Solo 2010.

Bikes Purpose: Ride around mostly cement trails with my wife and ride around the Houston city's various bike trails and even some downtown rides. The bike will not be used for mountain biking as I have one already, but mostly as a comfortable durable, but fast and slick urban rider.

Budget: $1500 or under

Currently I am siding with the Quick CX Ultra as I like the 80mm quick lock out shock and the Shimano components (I like the index shifters). Other than that I really like the black styling of the Bad Boy and do have a thing for the lefty solo as it's just freaking cool.

If I bought the Quick, I'd probably by some 26c tires like the Bad Boy for more efficient riding on pavement/bike trials. The Quick in many ways just seems more practical.

I'm still not sure which one is heavier as I'm guessing they are pretty close in weight and I would be riding a large frame.

Any biases out there or concerns I should be aware of between these two models?

Should I just scrap both and get a Quick 2?

They really both just look like lightened up mountain bikes to me and I hear with 26" they actually become a beginner to intermediate mountain bike.

Your thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks!

VS

Why not try a 29er ,cheaper than than the Quick and BBS, equally as capable on the street

http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...rail-SL-29er-5

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    What did you end up getting? I am thinking about both of those bikes as well.