mtbr member

Questions about a Push'ed shock

After reading a few reports here, I sent the Fox Float RL on my 2004 Cannondale Jekyll 800 to Push Industries. It's a much more efficient when pedaling, but I also feel like the ride isn't quite as smooth through the rocky stuff.

If you were to do lock rocky descents at places like Downieville, or a single black diamond run at Northstar, do you think it's better to:

1. Run less air pressure so it feels a little more plus
    2. Replace the Push'ed shock with a Float RL that has the stock valving?

mtbr member
    Did they add a platform to the shock? that would explain it. If you've got the sag right I wouldn't want to air down very much. You might wind up blowing through the travel.

mtbr member
    I had them do a complete overhaul - I'm guessing that's the platform you're referring to? It works great for 95% of my riding and I'm really happy about that, but I like the more supple feeling of the stock valving for that last 5%.

If I had adjustable compression damping or a switch to turn off the ProPedal, I'd play with that first.

a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    Push changes the valving and installs a SPV of sorts and thats likely what you're feeling. I assume that they asked you for your weight and riding style, right? It's essentially race tuning.
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoninct
    Push changes the valving and installs a SPV of sorts and thats likely what you're feeling. I assume that they asked you for your weight and riding style, right? It's essentially race tuning.
    They did. I tend to do a little of everything on the bike though, so it's not quite as plush through the gnarly stuff at Northstar. For everything else, it has been fantastic