mtbr member

Questions about a Push'ed shock

After reading a few reports here, I sent the Fox Float RL on my 2004 Cannondale Jekyll 800 to Push Industries. It's a much more efficient when pedaling, but I also feel like the ride isn't quite as smooth through the rocky stuff.

If you were to do lock rocky descents at places like Downieville, or a single black diamond run at Northstar, do you think it's better to:

1. Run less air pressure so it feels a little more plus
    2. Replace the Push'ed shock with a Float RL that has the stock valving?

mtbr member
    Did they add a platform to the shock? that would explain it. If you've got the sag right I wouldn't want to air down very much. You might wind up blowing through the travel.

mtbr member
    I had them do a complete overhaul - I'm guessing that's the platform you're referring to? It works great for 95% of my riding and I'm really happy about that, but I like the more supple feeling of the stock valving for that last 5%.

If I had adjustable compression damping or a switch to turn off the ProPedal, I'd play with that first.

a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    Push changes the valving and installs a SPV of sorts and thats likely what you're feeling. I assume that they asked you for your weight and riding style, right? It's essentially race tuning.
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoninct
    Push changes the valving and installs a SPV of sorts and thats likely what you're feeling. I assume that they asked you for your weight and riding style, right? It's essentially race tuning.
    They did. I tend to do a little of everything on the bike though, so it's not quite as plush through the gnarly stuff at Northstar. For everything else, it has been fantastic

Members who have read this thread: 0