Out riding my Scalpel

New question here. Question regarding Lefty PSI??

I use the Lefty on my Jekyll 1000 and was wondering what is a good plush or stiff setting? I really dig this fork alot. But need to know the pressure settings or a weight chart that Cannondale may have to the question I'm asking. Thanks for your help.

Poser
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I use the Lefty on my Jekyll 1000 and was wondering what is a good plush or stiff setting? I really dig this fork alot. But need to know the pressure settings or a weight chart that Cannondale may have to the question I'm asking. Thanks for your help.
    I would disagree that you need specific numbers. if you want a plush ride, pump enough air into it so it sags say, 25% into it's travel. Stiff ride, change that to 10%.

The PSI will be specific for a body weight, and it seemed 10-15 PSi was the difference between one end and the other for me. I can't imagine a chart could do anything but get you in the roughest ballpark.

Out riding my Scalpel

New question here.

I just now looked at the owners manual and they state 75% of the riders weight would be a good starting point and when I did the calulations. I like to ride comfortable. Theses are the calulations I came up with regarding my weight that varies from time to time. What do you think?

Weight....180=135/185=138.75/190= 142.50

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    I have the Carbon Lefty on my Scalpel and weigh about 165. I started out at 110 PSI when it was new as the shock was stiff while breaking in. Now I'm at 120-125 PSI which puts me in the 70-75% range.

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    I've been using the Lefty DLR for 3 years now. My weight is around 190 and prefer a plush fork - if I need it stiff I flip the lockout switch. I run the fork at 110-130 psi depending on the trail and my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815