mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Question for lefty XLR owners

Just a simple question for XLR owners, has anyone rotated the gold dial on the Xloc remote? I know the manual specifically says "DO NOT ROTATE THE GOLD DIAL! This is not an adjustment when used with Lefty. This dial has been set at the factory." But it can't be that big of a deal if you were to fiddle with it would it? anyone know what it does? thanks!

Let's ride SuperModerator
    I fiddled with it and it didn't seem to do anything. I don't remember that it changed the locking
    point.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i think it sets up the compression of the x loc lever, but never notice difference

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    DON'T TOUCH THAT KNOB!!!! The whole world will tilt 2 more degrees to the side and we will all be living in ice covered trails!! Sorry, couldn't resist

LA CHÈVRE
    Mendon explained what it does on a Lefty in another thread. Here's the beef:

Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    The knob actually just controls the throw length of the driver pin. Think of it as sort of half turning your lockout knob till it's almost working, but not quite. So the fork is not locking out properly or at all depending on how far you turn it.

It has no designed function on the Leftys, not to be confused with it's impact on a Rock Shox product, where it does adjust blow off threshold.

In short, it does something (makes the lockout not work), but not what you're thinking it does.
    There was words that Cannondale and RockShox were working on a slimmed down, lighter X-Loc lever for Cannondale that has no knob but I haven't seen it yet.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by adambikes View Post
    DON'T TOUCH THAT KNOB!!!! The whole world will tilt 2 more degrees to the side and we will all be living in ice covered trails!! Sorry, couldn't resist
    lol ha ya i was afraid that might happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    Mendon explained what it does on a Lefty in another thread. Here's the beef:

There was words that Cannondale and RockShox were working on a slimmed down, lighter X-Loc lever for Cannondale that has no knob but I haven't seen it yet.
    Thanks Dan for the info, cannondale made it sound like the bike would blow up if i did lol