mtbr member

Question for C-Dale Troops?

A friend of mine is selling his jekyll and wants to know what he should expect ot get from it. here are the specs

-02 jekyll 700 (bought the frame on a year end closeout, rode for a year, then bought a blur--so not many miles)
    -Lefty with ELO
    -Fox Float L Racing shock
    -Woodman lefty hub in front, Chris King in rear both laced to Velocity VXC wheels and built by Dave at Speeddream wheels
    -Panaracer Trail Blaster Tires
    -Hope Mini-disc brakeset
    -SRAM X.O shifters and rear der
    -Lx front der
    -Xenon seat

the bike is light, fast, and fun

any ideas on what he should ask and/or expect to get for it?

thanks
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Always tough to tell with a custom build like that, and I'm by no means an expert on used bike prices, but I'll put in my 2 cents. Lot's of nice parts, but we don't know what crankset, and the lack of rebound damping on the rear will be a negative to some. The general rule of thumb is expect half of the original price after one year, so if your friend can calculate what he has into it and divide by 2, that will give a ballpark figure. Unfortunately bikes don't hold their value very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    A friend of mine is selling his jekyll and wants to know what he should expect ot get from it. here are the specs

-02 jekyll 700 (bought the frame on a year end closeout, rode for a year, then bought a blur--so not many miles)
    -Lefty with ELO
    -Fox Float L Racing shock
    -Woodman lefty hub in front, Chris King in rear both laced to Velocity VXC wheels and built by Dave at Speeddream wheels
    -Panaracer Trail Blaster Tires
    -Hope Mini-disc brakeset
    -SRAM X.O shifters and rear der
    -Lx front der
    -Xenon seat

the bike is light, fast, and fun

any ideas on what he should ask and/or expect to get for it?

thanks
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

mtbr member

Follow-Up

Sorry the parts that i did not list are stock coda: bar, stem, seatpost, and crankset!

Here are some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]