mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Smile Question about front fork.

Hello and thanks in advance for any info you might be able to give me. I have a 2011 F5 that I bought about a month ago and absolutely love it. When I got back from riding today I noticed that my fork is acting like it is fully locked when it is in the unlocked position. I do lock it when I'm on pavement for the most part but when I get onto dirt I unlock it. I'm relatively new to biking so I'm not doing any jumps or extreme riding. Just some trails by the river and some technical switchbacks in a local area I'm in. I bought the bike for excercise and I can see myself getting into a more serious bike (preferably FS) in about a year or so(Depending on how much I can sweet talk the wifey ). I like to wrench on my own stuff but this is my first dealings with suspension. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years since I owned a bike.

Thanks again for all the help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sorry, the bike is stock and the for is a RST Gila Pro TnL 100mm.

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forliberte
    Sorry, the bike is stock and the for is a RST Gila Pro TnL 100mm.
    Since you bought it only a few weeks ago I would suggest you bring the bike back to the shop and have them take a look at it.
    Most shops will tell you to bring back your bike after a few weeks anyways to look it over and give it a free tune up.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V