mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Question about 2000 Super V 700

Hey Guys,
    I'll try to summarize in order to not make this into a mini novel. A close friend of mine Step Father recently passed away within the last year. Prior to his passing he had purchased a 2000 Super V 700. He had only ridden the bike a handful of times (boy is it pretty!) and they decided they were going to sell it. I just got into riding this summer, I've been learning on a Specialized Rockhopper, so I bit at the chance to possibly purchase the bike. They lent the bike to me and I've fallen in love with. They really have no idea how much they want to sell it for nor do I know how much this bike goes for...especially since I've read they stopped making this model after 2000? I've seen some listed between 500 and 900 on craigslist but aside from that I didn't really get an idea of how much they go for. The bike is stock and has a few cosmetic flaws but rides like an absolute dream (especially compared to the rockhopper, which was nice but this rules!). They told me to let them know how much they go for. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It depends on what you want to do with the bike... I have the same bike, and it's got a baseline Fox Float air shock with no adjustability. It also has a "Bonded" type swingarm, which means that the mount and dropouts are cast, so it has its limits as to what you will be able to do with the bike, and if it breaks, the best you can do is get a ebay replacement from a later Super V or from a Jeckell.

2ndly, the Lefty is a 1st generation DLR. It's had it's fair share of issues, mainly the needle bearings migrating, and/or seizing (rusting). Cannondale dealers (at least the ones I've visited) aren't working on these anymore either.

I love this bike, I've made a few upgrades to it, and in all, in another couple of months, the only thing that'll be stock is the front triangle. If I were you, I'd offer the low end of your spectrum ($500 or possibly less).

mtbr member
    I'd also go for the low end. I sure wouldn't pay $900 for a 7 year old Super V, unless it was a badass Uber V. Buy it, Uber it, Love it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    A couple of other items to consider... The Hayes up front is a mechanical hydraulic, it has the master cylinder built into the caliper (cable runs to the caliper). That isn't the best system... Also, the Lefty DLR is only rebound adjustable. Good luck with it.

MPB

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I appreciate the info...So 2000 was the last year for the Super V?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No 2000 wasn't the last year I believe 2002 was the last year for the Super V frame.

Check this link...Cannondale has a great archive section on their web site.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/cusa/
    Last edited by papkec; 10-01-2007 at 11:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    This is the one -
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/00/c...del-0VA7L.html

Its in really good condition - 500 is reasonable?

On another note - any suggestions on how to really improve it?

Retro Cannondale Addict

Good job!

It's an awesome bike! I got my '97 on Ebay for $225 + $70 shipping but the paint was real rough. No matter cause I stripped it and it's more than halfway Ubered. Super V's are awesome and like nothing else! You shouldn't pay any more than $400 to $500 for a cherry 2000. You got any pictures?