Kneel Before Your Master

Question about 1999 Super V 900

I am looking at one online that is a medium. It looks good, but I don't want to make the trip if a medium isn't even in the ball park for size. I am 5'11", 180 lbs. Pretty much your average size 27 yr old. Will this bike be close for me?

Uber V Cripp
    IMO you would be better served by a large. I am 5'10" and 180 and ride a large.....

Kneel Before Your Master
    I guess I just need to try it out. Buying used can suck b/c you can't try a medium and a large and see what feels better. Maybe I should hold off and visit my local bike shop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogosia
    I am looking at one online that is a medium. It looks good, but I don't want to make the trip if a medium isn't even in the ball park for size. I am 5'11", 180 lbs. Pretty much your average size 27 yr old. Will this bike be close for me?
    The medium will be way too small for you. My nephew is 5' 9" and the medium fits him well. I'm 6' on an XL. The Super V sizes are all one smaller than the new Cannondales. Cannondale changed ther sizing standards in 2000 but never changed the sizing for the SVs.