Maniac
    Jan 2006

... and if we just ... Query regarding sizing Rush 2

After some advice on the Rush carbon 2 sizing? I seem to be between a Med and lge - I'm 5'9". Any advice would be appreciated.
    Also has anyone had experience with the new XTR wheelset that comes with the Rush 2? I have read some reports that the Al rear axial has failed in some cases.

I am considering purchasing in the next week or so and need to determine size and if the XTR wheelset will be robust enough, I'm 150lbs and ride rocky rooty single track with some log jumps and up to 3' drops to mostly smooth transistion.

Also what is the impression on the 08 XTR disc brake?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Cannondale Snob
    I'm 5'10" and ride a medium. I need to put the seat all the way back to get my knee-over-pedal adjustment right, but other than that it is just fine. I tried out a Large was very stretched out.

Interestingly- there is a girl who is exactly the same measurements as me (height, limbs, etc) that rides a large. We switched bikes once and her cockpit felt very, very fast! However, it was not as maneuverable as my bike. She noticed the same thing riding mine- much more maneuverable but it didn't feel as stable at speed. She wants to get a shorter stem on hers so she can pull up on the bars easier (and her seat is way far forwards), but she has that retarded integrated steerer/stem that means swapping stems is a PITA.

Anyhow- go with the Medium. I ride similarly to what you do and love the way the bike handles. On the rare occasion I race, I turn in some pretty respectable lap times and don't even notice the supposed less stability.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Maniac
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the reply Risk Everything,
    My current bike is a Titus R100X Small, effective top tube 22.7" and it feels a little cramped. I raced it last season and while to cuts through the corners great it is very nervious on the decents. I just can't get used to the Fork 100RLC fork. Came off a Jeckyll and raced that for 2 seasons with good results. I am certainly faster on the Titus over the Jeckyll, but I've seen the Rush in action and they decent well, climb well and are around the same weight as the Titus.
    Rode my mates Aluminium Rush Lge on a 40km ride and it was definately too large for me. it handle great and I really appreciated the Rush's suspension over the Titus. IMO just can't beat the Lefty.

Titus (Sm) Rush(Carbon Med) Rush (Carbon Lge) Rush (Al Med)
    Top Tube 22.7 22.1 23.4 23.6
    Stand over 28.61 29.6 29.3 29.6
    Wheel base 41.64 43.4 44.5 43.4

When I look at all the figures in comparison, I was thinking the Lge Rush as its slightly longer than my current Titus. Its just a bit confusing as the Carbon Rush sizing is smaller than the Aluminium versions.
    Went and sat on a Lge Carbon Rush 3 at the LBS and it seemed OK, however I wasn't able to get anyone interested to lower the seat stem and the seat was way back on the rails.

IS your Rush the Carbon or Aluminium version? Have you got any impressions on the XTR wheels set and brake for 2008?

Cheers

Always Searching
    D
    I have a CARBON Rush "Large" , I'm 6ft / 34" inseam and it fits me perfect with that (integrated XC3) 120mm/5deg stem (BTW is big improvement over prior stems), The rush tends to be more compact comfort cockpit, I road Scalpels for years, always a Large and they tend to put you in stretched out /(race) position. With that said, test both sizes after all you are paying a big chunk of $,$$$ for the bike! Make that bike shop earn it!

XTR Brakes they are good, I switched to Magura Marta SL, BUTTER!
    XTR wheels are new with lefty compatibility, too new for reviews.

Maniac
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the reply, If your 6 ft and a lge is good for you, then I think it would be too lge for me. However, i feel cramped on the titus at 22.7" TT hoz and the med rush is 22.1" TT hoz. The med rush being 23.4" TT hoz is 0.7" longer in the TT hoz of my Titus R100X and I'm running a 100mm 5 degree stem.
    I'll take your advice and test ride the bike at the LBS, but I'm not sure if they have a Med carbon Rush built up in stock.

Any how have a great new year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am 5'10" and have the medium Rush Carbon. It fits me perfectly.
    For my Jeckyl, I ride a large frame.

Good luck.

Maniac
    Jan 2006
    What size stem are you using on the Rush? I would like to have a 120mm stem to weight the front tyre so it digs and carves the corner.

Thanks for your reply, the sizes of the carbon rush are confusing when comparing to other frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Stem size is 120 mm w/ 5 degree rise. I may swap the stock handlebar to Easton Monkeylite XC low-rise to reduce weight.

Yes, the frame sizing is confusing! I had the same exact questions/concerns when I bought my Rush carbon. Now I am extremely happy.

Cannondale Snob
    I ride an '06 Rush 1000 (alloy).

Let the shop know you're serious, but that they'll have to get the bike fitting you perfectly before you'll spend the money. That's the only reasonable way to go about it.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Maniac
    Jan 2006
    Thanks guys, will let you know when I get the bike. I'm looking forward to going back to a Cannondale. The Titus R100X is a good bike but I found it didn't handle the rougher trails and fast decents for me as well as I'd hoped.
    I also found the 110mm travel so much more plush on the Rush that I borrowed than the 100mm of the R100X.