mtbr member

QR on Prophet rear shock

OK, I know this was posted a while back (2005), but I wasn't able to find a post saying anyone has actually tried it.. So I'll ask again... Has anyone with a Prophet ever swapped out the shock mount bolt on their prophet for a quick release to allow tool free switching of the HA? I'm wondering since the local riders are planning to have a fun run type race next weekend, and being able to change the shock position tool free would be really handy..

mtbr member
    I think you would need to get the correct length on the qr rod length so might need to cut an old qr to the correct length and re thread it. If you take the length of the bolt on the shock that would need to be the closed qr length. I still need to thread my qr rod been to busy with school. I am a bit worried about the strength of metal rod holding the shock in place.

mtbr member
    yeah that was my concern as well. Which is why I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it, and could tell me if it holds up to some abuse...

mtbr member
    I was going to use an old ti qr but its not thick enough so my next goal is to find a mt wheelset ti qr. That should be thicker than my old road ti qr. I will have to go to a mech shop as I do not have dies to cut ti. I wonder if just the pressure of bolting the two surfaces together will increase the bolts ability to with stand pressure. Ill have one of my physics major friends take look at the sheer load of ti vrs steel.

mtbr member
    I also have to talk to cannondale about an warrenty issue with my new 2010 lefty pbr max I just sent back so I could ask them about the qr issue too