mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. PUSHed Fox Float RL or Manitou Swinger?

Just looking for feedback, I have an opportunity to upgrade the shock on my 03' Jekyll which is not ProPedal to a Manitou Swinger, for just a little more than it would cost to send my current Fox Float to PUSH industries. Which may be better?
    Based on the request for service on PUSH's site, I'm no light weight at about 275-280 with full riding gear on. I currently run the pressure at max. 300psi, but I don't do any real freeriding or huge drops. More like Agressive XC or Endurance Riding.
    Up front I just upgraded to a 05' Vanilla with Yellow spring (heaviest spring rate they have) at 130mm.
    It is a very well balance ride, I currently use a Remote Lockout on the rear but would like to drop it to keep things simple in turns of just setting up and riding.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronpv2
    Just looking for feedback, I have an opportunity to upgrade the shock on my 03' Jekyll which is not ProPedal to a Manitou Swinger, for just a little more than it would cost to send my current Fox Float to PUSH industries. Which may be better?
    Based on the request for service on PUSH's site, I'm no light weight at about 275-280 with full riding gear on. I currently run the pressure at max. 300psi, but I don't do any real freeriding or huge drops. More like Agressive XC or Endurance Riding.
    Up front I just upgraded to a 05' Vanilla with Yellow spring (heaviest spring rate they have) at 130mm.
    It is a very well balance ride, I currently use a Remote Lockout on the rear but would like to drop it to keep things simple in turns of just setting up and riding.
    I have ridden both and I have a Swinger on my current bike. I am still experimenting with the pressures on the Swinger to create the plush ride that the Fox offers (It is very rocky here in Nevada).

However, it seems that you are pumping up your shock that high to prevent bob on your current shock in light of the type of riding you do. The Swinger is a great shock for XC and I think you would be very happy with it.