mtbr member

New question here. Push Industries shock upgrade questions?

I was hoping to get some info on the shock upgrade Push Industries has on their website. Has anyone had this upgrade done to their shock? I was planning on upgrading the shock on my 04 Jekyll 400 to an 05 Manitou Swinger 3-way. I read somewhere about Push Industries but I am not exactly sure what the upgrade to my "old school" shock will do to the performance of it. What is the technology they use to perform the upgrade?

I was wanting to upgrade to the Swinger mainly for the SPV but also because my Fox Float Pro has no adjustability at all. I have upgraded most of the components on my Jekyll 400 so it would be cool if I could get away with doing this "upgrade" instead of dropping $400 more into my beloved bike. Will the upgrades "platform damping" perform anything like the SPV of the Swinger? I guess the bottom line is, does anyone really think it is worth the $140 to do this upgrade or should I just spend the extra $240 for the Swinger? Thanks in advance everyone for your advice, I have always found it helpful in the past.

Poser
    Quote Originally Posted by noxx
    I was hoping to get some info on the shock upgrade Push Industries has on their website. Has anyone had this upgrade done to their shock? I was planning on upgrading the shock on my 04 Jekyll 400 to an 05 Manitou Swinger 3-way. I read somewhere about Push Industries but I am not exactly sure what the upgrade to my "old school" shock will do to the performance of it. What is the technology they use to perform the upgrade?

I was wanting to upgrade to the Swinger mainly for the SPV but also because my Fox Float Pro has no adjustability at all. I have upgraded most of the components on my Jekyll 400 so it would be cool if I could get away with doing this "upgrade" instead of dropping $400 more into my beloved bike. Will the upgrades "platform damping" perform anything like the SPV of the Swinger? I guess the bottom line is, does anyone really think it is worth the $140 to do this upgrade or should I just spend the extra $240 for the Swinger? Thanks in advance everyone for your advice, I have always found it helpful in the past.
    Do a search on these forums for Push. You'll see zillions of people happy with their work.

Darren (the owner of PUSH) spent time working for a few shock manus before setting out on his own as a race tuning guy. He definitely knows what he's doing. They replace the piston assembly on Floats to add more tuning capability, and add the platform valving.

Sending a Float to PUSH will result in a shock that's pretty well tuned to what will work best for you and your bike without screwing around a lot, getting a Swinger will result in a very good setup AFTER you've spent a lot of time getting all 3 or 4 adjustments to your liking.