I should be studying...

PUSH industries shock mod for Jekyll

Has anyone had this done to 2000 or 2001 jekyll equiped with the Float RL/RC?

mtbr member

Getting on it!

I am getting ready to send mine in (finances have held me up) I have a 900sl that had been completely upgraded. Everything that i have read (as well as talking to darren at push) it is the best upgrade in the rear that you can do. Once mine is done i will post and let everyone know how it is (although i am sure it's gonna be great!)

just my $.02
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member

New question here.

Does this company have a website about this mod, and / or does fox make a propedal for those of us with the old jekyll frame?

thanks

Are you talking to me?

here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Does this company have a website about this mod, and / or does fox make a propedal for those of us with the old jekyll frame?

thanks
    www.pushindustries.com

How old is your frame? in 2003 the frame was changed to yeild more travel, using a longer stroke shock. If you have a frame older than 2003, get the push upgrade done.
    gfy

mtbr member

Push

This is an addition to my earlier post. i have a fox float rc (it's a 00 or 01 ---not sure, but it came on the 900sl frame which is basically the only thing the same on the bike) anyway i agree with damion, and i think that you can't go wrong. i have spoken with people who have said they think that the mod by push is much better than anything else on the market including the new fox with the damping control.

I am getting ready to send mine in, it's taken a while because i am trying to send it back at the same time as sending in my lefty to cannondale to get rebuilt --- that way i minimize my down time (there's only so long i can ride my road bike)

I will def post after i have it done, but after all of my research as well as talking to darren at push (who is a great guy and very helpful) IMO you can't do anything better than have push rebuild it!

Just my $.02, good luck
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

Are you talking to me?

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    This is an addition to my earlier post. i have a fox float rc (it's a 00 or 01 ---not sure, but it came on the 900sl frame which is basically the only thing the same on the bike) anyway i agree with damion, and i think that you can't go wrong. i have spoken with people who have said they think that the mod by push is much better than anything else on the market including the new fox with the damping control.

I am getting ready to send mine in, it's taken a while because i am trying to send it back at the same time as sending in my lefty to cannondale to get rebuilt --- that way i minimize my down time (there's only so long i can ride my road bike)

I will def post after i have it done, but after all of my research as well as talking to darren at push (who is a great guy and very helpful) IMO you can't do anything better than have push rebuild it!

Just my $.02, good luck

Any other questions, oother than a long term test?
    gfy

Perpetrator of Lawsuits
    I've got an '03 Jekyll 1000, so I'll be really interested to see what you think of the PUSH mod. I've been considering it myself, but I don't even have the road bike to tide me over.

mtbr member
    yea, me too. I didn't know it existed till last week, i don't want to give up my shock now, it's spring time. Does anyone know the turnaround time for having the mod done? And is it that great, i mean is it worth it. Because i could use some other upgrades as well, like wheels or brakes.

thanks

mtbr member

Push mod

As far as time frame, when i spoke to darren he said it only takes a couple days to rebuild and ship back to you from the time he recieves it. you will want to email him and ask him when you are getting ready to send it back because i am sure that the time frame changes all the time during the season! besides any questions you may have he can answer a lot better than me Good luck and it's def worth it!

I should be studying...
    I just sent mine in yesterday...he said that they are running around 2-4 days turn around time so I should get it back next week. I can't wait, have to settel for road biking now...