mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Prophet Sizing Question - Medium

Just wondering what inseam & height you all are if you're riding on a Prophet medium.

I'm currently on a Jekyll Small and it is just too cramped. Thinking about upgrading...I'm not really near an area where I can demo a prophet so your input would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5'7" and 30" inseam.

Thanks a bunch.

mtbr member
    I'm just over 5'10" with 30" inseam and my medium Prophet fits me just fine. So standover hieght should be no problem but I would not say it's a very streched out ride.

Moven on
    Sep 2007
    I am 5' '8" 30" inseam with shoe on. A snug fit but it works for me. according to the manual I should be on a small, but I like it fine, I think I would be cramped on a small.
    You got to ride um hard & put um away wet!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

5' 11", 32" inseam

I'm on a Prophet medium with a 5' 11" height and 32" inseam. The large felt too stretched-out in the shop. From what I read in these forums I'm right on the border where folks go either way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    M should be just fine for your height. Seat tube measures 430mm and I measured top tube at 575 mm compared to ˝official˝ 600 mm. If you feel to streched out just swap out the stem, take something like 70mm, and the front end will wander only at the steepest climbs.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm just under 6' with a medium. The large felt a little too hard to turn with. I did have to flip the stem to get the more "leaned forward" position I like.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'-7" with a 30" inseam also and the medium is perfect. I am running a 90mm 20 degree stem with a an offset seatpost. I feel more comfortable and stable with a more upright position.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks so much for your input everyone. From what I've gathered so far, it seems like a medium is going to fit me just fine. I'm getting a bit tired of being squished on my small frame right now so a change is in order soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and I had a M and it was much to small. I currently have a XL and I think its much better than the M was. My arms are pretty long for how tall I am though, and I'm pretty heavy. But with the M then I kept flipping it over backwards when ever I would try and go up a hill, but with the XL I don't have that problem.

mtbr member
    Right around 6 ft with 32" inseam and I feel comfortable on my Medium prophet.

mtbr member
    M333power - I'm the same height/inseam as you. Tried Med and Small. Went with small but now sometimes wish I had a med. I might try a setback seat post.
    Sounds like you're on the right track with Medium.
    In case you weren't aware, stand over height for both is the same (I think - at least for the 2005). The medium, in a nut shell, is just a little longer.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    I'm just over 5'9" with 32" inseam and my medium Prophet fits me just right