mtbr member

Prophet rear shock play

I was taking my bike apart tonight to clean and track a creaking noise when I noticed that my fox RP23 has some play on the swingarm mount. The frame mount seams to be fine and the reducers are snug and stay put. When I removed the bolt on the swingarm mount, I noticed that the reducers are kinda loose and very easy to take off the shock.

What to do? Do I just need to replace the reducers? Or do I need to replace the eyelet bushing? I've had the bike for three years and this is the first time I've noticed this.

altazo
    your shock needs a new DU bushing.

mtbr member
    How do I know if the reducers are ok? IS the shock DU bushing the most common one to develop play? Should I replace both?

Sorry, I have never done this before and need more info.

Tool
    I would just replace both, since both parts can wear. No sense doing just one only to find out it wasn't the culprit. Neither part is expensive or hard to replace, although you will need some type of bearign press for the DU bushing. I've always had great luck with a socket set and a vise.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    FYI I ordered both the bushings and reducers. I got the bushings and press from an MTBR member that makes them. I got the reducers directly from Fox. I just told them what bike they were for and they are shipping them out to me for $10 plus shipping. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get them installed. Thanks for the info