I just wanna go fast...

Prophet Rear Shock Mounting Hardware for Fox Shock

Just got a spiffy new float rp23 for my prophet, but no mounting hardware. Does anyone know what size mounting hardware (spacers) I need?

I've ordered a couple of kits that I thought would fit, turns out I have no idea where they are measuring from to get that info.

JDM
    mtbr member
    If your old shock is also fox you may be able to just steal the bushings from it. Otherwise you will need to order new ones. You can measure the assembled width of you current shock and subtract the eyelet width of the new shock then dived by 2 to get the bushing width. You'll need to do this for each end of the shock.

I just wanna go fast...
    The old shock was a manitou swinger, so the bushing width and diameter are different.

Good, logical call on getting width. Totally didn't even think about measuring the old shock. I guess I was so stoked on the new shock, I couldn't see the forest for the trees

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen
    The old shock was a manitou swinger, so the bushing width and diameter are different.

Good, logical call on getting width. Totally didn't even think about measuring the old shock. I guess I was so stoked on the new shock, I couldn't see the forest for the trees
    I did what you did and replace my swinger with a RP23. I listed the bushings and specs I used on the link bellow
    Any differences going from a Swinger 3way to an Fox RP23

Look at the post with the blurry bushing pic near the bottom.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

I just wanna go fast...
    Are those the part numbers for the manitou mounts or fox? So far the only place I've found fox mounting hardware online is pricepoint (http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/180...-Kits-2009.htm) but none of those part numbers match up.

I'm thinking about maybe just going down to my lbs and seeing if they can order me what I need. Downside of course is their ungodly turn around time.

altazo
    Contact either Cannondale or Fox, they have all that info in a database. If you got your shock through Fox, it would come with the correct reducers.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen
    Are those the part numbers for the manitou mounts or fox? So far the only place I've found fox mounting hardware online is pricepoint (http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/180...-Kits-2009.htm) but none of those part numbers match up.

I'm thinking about maybe just going down to my lbs and seeing if they can order me what I need. Downside of course is their ungodly turn around time.
    Those part numbers were for the fox rp23.
    I may have a used set that is still good. I'll send a pm if I have them. You just have to pay shipping if you want them.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

I just wanna go fast...
    Right on.

I'm going to check on the off-chance my lbs has the hardware in stock. We're right down the freeway from Fox and they're rabid supporters, so maybe I'll get lucky.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I too am in the process of replacing my shock with a shiny new fox one. I have been down to 2 LBS's in my area. The one that stocks cannondales seems to have the best selection of bushings to fit my prophet.

So if you want new ones you may best best to visit your local Cannondale dealer and get them from there. Might be a bit of a wait though!

Have fun with the new shock !

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    okay, so I'm just back from my lbs who deals in cannondales and the guy actually measured the hardware and couldn't find the hardware required in the fox catalogue. I took both my old shock and hardware in.

So he's going to phone up Cannondale tomorrow to try and get some answers so i will let you know if there is any success.

This is becoming a total pain in the a$$ though!

mtbr member
    Any info on this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Success!

YES!

I got a new rp2 shock which managed to fit with the hardware it came with......... however. I have now got the official spacers for it too so I will post a pic and the part numbers / sizes tonight for you all.

I've just had a quick test with the new shock so far but seems way nicer than the old RS Pearl that I have on.

I will put more info up tonight......

mtbr member
    Hehe I just got off the phone with Fox when I saw your post. Fox sells the reducers directly and all I had to do was tell them what bike it was for. $5 a pair plus shipping

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Just found the invoice for them in the office.......

Size 8mm x 37.59mm rear
    8mm x 27.43mm front

not sure if they will be any different from the sizes on an rp23 though!

I will stick the rest of the inof up tonight.

Bubb74........ you got a good deal there. I was charge $14.95 CAD per pair from my lbs!!

I just wanna go fast...
    Yep, for shock bushings contacting Fox directly is the way to go. I ended up doing the same thing. Turns out they have an awesome database of bikes they can check that tells them what bushings to run. Also, instead of the aluminum spacers, you can get the trick bushing setup from them instead. Supposedly it helps the suspension cycle a little better.