mtbr member
    May 2007

Prophet: Radium VS Swinger Shock

Just wanted to find out if it was a significant upgrade from the radium to the swinger? Is there any other shock that I should be considering?

mnt bike laws of physics

Imo No!!!

I had the Radium which for what it is - is a very good damper(much better than Fox). When I upgraded to SPV the main difference I noticed was its high speed damping was quicker, so it absorbed them better. Also, you can adjust the slow speed damping with the SPV pressure. You can make it stiff as hell (which takes away from the slow speed bump absorption, but increases the pedalling platform) or you can make it softer which would be very much like the Radium is now(still offering some pedaling platform but with very good slow speed bump absorption).
    A worthy upgrade if you have some extra dough to put out.
    Note: The Swinger does NOT act like a lockout if you are hammering out of the saddle, but if you are pedaling smoothly out of the saddle, it is very effecient. Mostly you learn to stay seated and let the suspension do its thing

mtbr member

Swinger 3way compared to Float R

I've noticed some 2005-2007 Swingers showing up on ebay from $150 to $300. Would anyone care to compare the two?

I've noticed that the different rebound settings on the float R don't change much. Anyway, I figured it was relevant the the OP because they are the different shocks for the prophet

mtbr member
    You can buy one here for $100, and keep your Radium as a spare if/when the swinger gets sent in for maint/repair.

At least with that line of thinking, if you don't notice much difference in performance, you can still rationalize the purchase as a spare!

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/cat...roducts_id=398
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mnt bike laws of physics

That is a sweeeeet deal

You are the hookup man of the day
    If I needed one, I would be right on it, but I already own a S-Type which is a lighter version of the Swinger. The SPV did give out on me after almost a year, so I put my Radium on and had it sent in to Manitou....they sent me a brand new 2007...Yyyyyyeeessss