mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Prophet MX chainguide

Hi there, I've got an '06 Prophet 2MX, I'm looking to fit a dual-ring chainguide. Will I need to cater for the e-type deraillleur, or are the ISCG tabs recessed enough? I know that the e13 DRS and MRP LRP both have options for e-type derailleurs, but I'm thinking I can get away with the "regular" ISCG versions of both.
    Thoughts please, and any examples of what you guys are running on your MXs or 4Xs.
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    i dont hafe a mx.... but with e13 you cant go wrong!!

ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I run a Blackspire Stinger. It is 1/4 the cost of the LRP by MRP, and is basically the same thing. ISGC mounts are fine, it just takes a bit to line it all up. If you already have the der installed it will be a breeze.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm using an E13. ISCG mounts don't line up when you attach the e-type to the backplate and bolt it to the frame boss, but it doesn't really matter; just sandwich the guide plate between the BB flange and shell.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cheers dudes - NS-NV, you're running the Stinger OK with the e-type der? Did you have to space the BB differently with the Stinger installed on the ISCG tabs? Ta

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    No. The BB stayed the same (X-Type). I replaced one spacer with the E-Type. The rest stayed pretty much the same. I may have messed around with the spindle spacers, but in the end the chain line worked fine.

Yes the Stinger was mounted on the Tabs. I am pretty sure it was not an ISGC 05.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks mate :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    do you guys find you're dropping chains much on the mx? I just ordered one and was considering going w/o a chainguide, although I do prefer them on most of my bikes. just curious...