I just wanna go fast...

Prophet for Dual Slalom and 4X

So I'm thinking of setting up my prophet for 4X by getting a shorter eye to eye and stroke shock and shorter fork up front. Has anyone tried this before? What size shock did you use and what head angle setting did you choose?

LA CHÈVRE
    I would probably just put the swingarm in the FR position and put more preload in the shock, that will get the bike low enough, make the rear end stiffer to improve pedaling efficiency and slacken the headtube, add a shorter fork and it will give an even lower center of gravity and bring the head angle steeper...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hmm...interesting that you would consider exchanging your suspension to get different geometry; I'll be interested to see how this goes.

I have made great use of the geometry adjust on the swing-arm, in conjunction with my 36 TALAS fork...when I get to the Dual-Slalom course, FR in the swing-arm and 100mm on the fork gives me just what I need. I use a DHX-Air 5.0 in the rear, and have the bottom out control turned up high. Keeping the Pro-Pedal on seems to be effective for the DS course.

got the dhr...
    Get a pike u-turn for the fork, and then you can choose how much travel you want for each course. I have my bike setup for light freeride, and it works hella good, so go for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by luseboy
    Get a pike u-turn for the fork, and then you can choose how much travel you want for each course. I have my bike setup for light freeride, and it works hella good, so go for it.
    Exactly what I was proposing...I think the Pike is a great fork, as is the 36 TALAS. I'd say the Lyrik and TALAS will offer more adjust ability with more travel.

I just wanna go fast...
    I've actually already got Lyrik up front. I was thinking about a shorter shock to decrease the travel as well as lower the center of gravity so the bike wouldn't feel as squishy when pumping rollers or preloading off of lips.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen
    So I'm thinking of setting up my prophet for 4X by getting a shorter eye to eye and stroke shock and shorter fork up front. Has anyone tried this before?
    Cedric Gracia did it

(gotta love that last picture!)