mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Prophet BB FD Cable Guide (Kit # KF085/)

I've decided to convert my Prophet 4x from a 1x9 set up to 2x9 speed recently. I got a new SLX cranks, used LX e-type FD & shifters and was all set to get the job done. After putting on the FD and cranks, then came the cable routing, I noticed there was no place for the cable to "anchor" to for the FD. I came across the "2007 Prophet Owners Manual Supplement" and on page 11 states that I require a "Bottom Bracket Front Derailleur Cable Guide" (Cannondale Kit # KF085/) that mounts on the lower bottom bracket shell.

Being in Cannondale unfriendly territory - Malaysia - Cannondale parts are hard to source here. I dropped Craig (Mendoncyclesmith) a line since he fixed me up with my Lefty problems & anything Cannodnale but no reply - guess he's still on vacation. I'm wondering if anyone out there would be able to hook me up with this part so that I could pedal along merrily in a 2x9 set up?

Just to clarify my doubts, would I be needing anything else to complete this conversion?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    hey, i just put on some new cables for my prophet and took a look at that part. there is a little hole on the bottom of the BB shell where this this part plugs into...do you have this hole on the 4x frame? anyway, this part is basically pressed against the BB shell by the FD cable...you might be able to make a similar part minus the long grooved tounge so that you can ride your bike....find a piece of platstic and cut a groove in it with a hack saw, just gentle stroke and get a deep enough groove for the cable to rest and slide in

does the SLX cranks throw the chainline out too far...i was interested in getting some for my bike
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    adamante, I'm quite sure I noticed a little hole on the bottom of the BB shell, will double check tonight. If I could trouble you for some pictures of how the cable is routed, that would be GREAT! I've never seen this part since I've never seen another Prophet around here.

Haven't laid a foot on the SLX cranks yet, but as far as chainline is concerned, they seem alright visually. I just followed the "2005 Prophet front derailleur setup guide" from Cannondale's website with regards to BB spacers. Once I have it up and crankin' I'll be sure to post something up here if there's anything wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just to complete this thread, I went with the "ghetto" solution seeing my frame is the 4x with ICSG type. This is what forum member sent me on PM as a suggestion and it worked great. Only difference is I used full cable housing all the way from the shifter. Picture speaks a thousand words:

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Parts for the Prophet from here:

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/cable-guide-Inserts-10x

though if they don't ship to you i can order them and post it out.

i like the ghetto solution though. probably harder wearing. when i lost mine i used a Vbrake metal cable bend bit and a small bracket which has done the trick.