Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435

    Prophet: anybody tried it?

    OK, I'm really tempted to get myself a Prophet (probably the 2000) and I can probably get a good price on it if I order it with the whole 2005 lot of the local shop (I got more than 1000$ off on my Cake that way). That would mean I have to decide very soon, I cannot try it first (altough I doubt the LBS will let me try it outside the showroom floor) and there are no reviews of it yet (I tend to ignore the biased magazine reviews, I trust you guys more). Is there anyone who tried it yet?
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 09-21-2004 at 10:39 PM. Reason: I love to edit!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    843
    Yes I have

  3. #3
    Bike Breaker.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,764

    Bonking ... not feelin' well Not me :-(

    Only heard that its very good, all the europe mags have given it 9/10, most shope here have them in 7-10 days.

  4. #4
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    Yes I have
    Care to comment about it?

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MoreCF&TiPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    OK, I'm really tempted to get myself a Prophet (probably the 2000) and I can probably get a good price on it if I order it with the whole 2005 lot of the local shop (I got more than 1000$ off on my Cake that way). That would mean I have to decide very soon,
    Hey Dan,
    I have never bought a new bike from a LBS before(all used from friends), and was planning on also picking up the 2000. Is there a way to ask for the "2005 lot" purchase? I met the owner of our local C-dale dealer and he answered all my questions and more.
    TIA

  6. #6
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCF&TiPlease
    Hey Dan,
    I have never bought a new bike from a LBS before(all used from friends), and was planning on also picking up the 2000. Is there a way to ask for the "2005 lot" purchase? I met the owner of our local C-dale dealer and he answered all my questions and more.
    TIA
    Just ask him. My current bike was bought that way in a small shop. A bike worth almost 5000$ helped him deal a great price on his whole lot for the next season. He gave me a very good price. I'm not sure it can make a difference in a bigger shop tough.

    I decided not to buy the Prophet. I was told by a Cannondale rep the weights of the line-up:

    Prophet 4000: about 26lbs
    Prophet 2000: just over 28lbs
    Prophet 1000: 31lbs

    That's much heavier than I tought they would be. My current 5" travel all-mountain bike weighs 27lbs (Fisher Cake 1_DLX) so I decided it wasn't worth it to change it just yet so I'll keep it and live with the slightly awkward Genesis geometry at least another year.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  7. #7
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    If you are still interested, Gregg from MTBR demo'd one for a weekend at Whislter.

    He posted a little about it in these threads:
    Crankworx Freeride Festival Whistler
    Crankworx Freeride Festival Whistler

    If you have questions you could email or PM him.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the flesh?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    351
    the cannondale reps were at my lbs last weekend and my brother and I got to test ride a prophet 1000. just by picking it up it seemed noticeably lighter than my jekyll 600 and my brother's jekyll 800. i could be wrong but it felt sub 30 lbs. it could also be that i heard it was lighter so it seemed lighter. i also could swear the rep said it was around 28

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Prophets that heavy?

    I have to say if it is indeed 31 pounds as you say, I'm a little surprised. The European version of the 1000 came in at 12.5kg (27.5 lbs) as far as I have been told but they are using a slightly lighter wheel set. The stock Jekyll 1000 I thought was about 29.5 lbs and given the frame weight of roughly 6.15 lbs, and the Prophet coming in at 5.25 lbs, I would have thought for sure that the Prophet would weigh less than the Jekyll. Am I missing something obvious?

  10. #10
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Rider
    I have to say if it is indeed 31 pounds as you say, I'm a little surprised. The European version of the 1000 came in at 12.5kg (27.5 lbs) as far as I have been told but they are using a slightly lighter wheel set. The stock Jekyll 1000 I thought was about 29.5 lbs and given the frame weight of roughly 6.15 lbs, and the Prophet coming in at 5.25 lbs, I would have thought for sure that the Prophet would weigh less than the Jekyll. Am I missing something obvious?
    Maybe the rep I talked to was just playing it safe, too safe. I sure hope so. We'll see once the bikes start appearing.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,495

    Prophet is not an original name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Maybe the rep I talked to was just playing it safe, too safe. I sure hope so. We'll see once the bikes start appearing.
    My LBS only had a size XL which is too big for my 5'10" frame. I look forward to trying one out to see if the hype is warranted or not.

    On another note I was at an auction the other day and there was a bike for sale which was the Tribal brand and the name of the bike was the Prophet. The bike was at least a couple of years old. Now I know where the name comes from anyways.

  12. #12
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    Heh, thats not where the name came from actually.....But that is ok...Good guess

    I've ridden the prophet a bunch. I wasn't so thrilled at first (parking lot test) but when I got into the woods and did a 4 hour ride on it I was thoroughly impressed! It handled everything with grace and vigor. I jumped some decent size jumps, some small drops, some steep chutes and it rocked on all of those obstacles...Even in the XC position. I havn't ridden it in the FR position, but I can only imaging that it feels that much more stable in sketchy situations.

    -Ron

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MoreCF&TiPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    66
    thanx BR That sounds like a point for the good. Which model was it?

  14. #14
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    It wasn't really any model. It was basically a pre-production frame with assorted components like: Crossmax XL wheels, Swinger 4 way coil shock, Magura hydros, XTR cranks, and sram r. derailleur. Sort of a frankenstein model Here are two photos of me on it in Trumbull CT.

    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=282392
    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=282390

    -Ron

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MoreCF&TiPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    66
    Cool, thanx for the pics. It's nice to see some real pix instead of just the "glossies". Is the Prophet good enough for you to get?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    I rode it today for a mile loop twice. Light for a long travel bike. Not much Bobbing. Good downhill handling and good climbing ability. It was not better than other bikes out there, but it was not worse either. I rode the 1000, 2000, and the 3000. I'd consider buying one if I wasn't such a cross country fiend and it wasn't expensive as all hell.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    2 Days worth of Riding

    Day 1) I had the opportunity to take out a 1000 yesterday for a 1500' climb and nice rock gardens on the way down. It doesn't climb as well as the Scalpel, but I really didn't expect it too. It does climb well however, in line with some other bikes like the Heckler and 575, and is really plush. Coming down the hill was a little sketchy only because it absolutely sucked up everything with ease. The lefty tracks so nicely, the brakes are awesome, this bike made me go faster than I really though I could and at some points faster than I really wanted to. I'm going to take it out today for some switchback climbing so I'll have a better idea out how it performs in more demanding singletrack. If you get a chance to demo one I'd tell you to try one. Jury is still out whether I will by it or not, I have one on order still though.

    Day 2) Any misgivings I had after a brief ride on Saturday were completed dismissed today. I buddy of mine and I went out for an extended test ride switching bikes with some regularity. I have to say that by the end of the day I was totally hooked and so was he. The bike handled really well though I would probably switch out the tires to something more conducive my local terrain. I long and short of it I would not the least bit surprised if the Scalpel just sits in the garage as the Prophet is just sol fluid. Climbs, singletrack, hair raising descents, the bike handled everything we threw at it with grace. Lots of fun, thanks Cannondale, now send me my %*$^& bike!
    Last edited by NorCal Rider; 09-27-2004 at 06:29 AM. Reason: More Test Riding Complete

  18. #18
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Rider
    Day 1) I had the opportunity to take out a 1000 yesterday for a 1500' climb and nice rock gardens on the way down. It doesn't climb as well as the Scalpel, but I really didn't expect it too. It does climb well however, in line with some other bikes like the Heckler and 575, and is really plush. Coming down the hill was a little sketchy only because it absolutely sucked up everything with ease. The lefty tracks so nicely, the brakes are awesome, this bike made me go faster than I really though I could and at some points faster than I really wanted to. I'm going to take it out today for some switchback climbing so I'll have a better idea out how it performs in more demanding singletrack. If you get a chance to demo one I'd tell you to try one. Jury is still out whether I will by it or not, I have one on order still though.

    Day 2) Any misgivings I had after a brief ride on Saturday were completed dismissed today. I buddy of mine and I went out for an extended test ride switching bikes with some regularity. I have to say that by the end of the day I was totally hooked and so was he. The bike handled really well though I would probably switch out the tires to something more conducive my local terrain. I long and short of it I would not the least bit surprised if the Scalpel just sits in the garage as the Prophet is just sol fluid. Climbs, singletrack, hair raising descents, the bike handled everything we threw at it with grace. Lots of fun, thanks Cannondale, now send me my %*$^& bike!
    Haaaaaa! I have until tomorrow to decide if I get one or if I don't. I'd buy it along with 2 other Cannondales with two friends and I'd do the "order with the whole stock of the shop" thing so the price would be much better than if I wait a few months... Anybody knows the weight of a Medium Fisher Cake 1_DLX just to compare both bikes? I know there is much more to a bike than it's weight but the Cannondale wins on everything else for me so it's just the last detail...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Haaaaaa! I have until tomorrow to decide if I get one or if I don't. I'd buy it along with 2 other Cannondales with two friends and I'd do the "order with the whole stock of the shop" thing so the price would be much better than if I wait a few months... Anybody knows the weight of a Medium Fisher Cake 1_DLX just to compare both bikes? I know there is much more to a bike than it's weight but the Cannondale wins on everything else for me so it's just the last detail...

    Sorry Dan,

    Forgot to put it on the scale for you, meant too but forgot after riding. I can tell you that it sure felt like it was more than 4 lbs heaver than the Scalpel I'm currently riding (which is probably right around 24 lbs), but at least for me taking the pounds off my body is sure a lot cheaper than taking it off the bike.

  20. #20
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Rider
    Sorry Dan,

    Forgot to put it on the scale for you, meant too but forgot after riding. I can tell you that it sure felt like it was more than 4 lbs heaver than the Scalpel I'm currently riding (which is probably right around 24 lbs), but at least for me taking the pounds off my body is sure a lot cheaper than taking it off the bike.
    Don't worry. What year is your Scalpel? The 2004 Team Scalpel is around 23 pounds stock. The 2005 should be even lighter with the SRAM and Magura parts... But anyway, for a bike like the Prophet, a great geometry and suspension performance is far more important than a pound here and there. I will probably go for the Prophet 2000 if I do get one. You tried the 1000 but which one did you order? The 2000 is probably lighter than the one you tried.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    It's a 2002 Team (great bike). The Prophet I tried actually had the Magura brakes on it even though it was a 1000. I heard that Cannondale was having trouble getting brake sets from Avid. Rumor I heard was that the 1000's were going to come with Maguras, a step up from the XT on the 2000 as well. I really hope this is the case because man those brakes are freakin' awesome. Way way better than the Hope Hydros on the Scalpel (IMHO). I'll probably take a 1000 and make some minor changes such as tires, bars and maybe pedals, at least initially.

    I was really impressed at how well the bike responded on the second day. Honestly, after the first day I was kind of on the fence, but after the second, I'm sold. The only thing I would recommend is riding one if at all possible before totally committing, as your experience may be totally different than mine.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    I tried the Prophet last week, it was a 600 model without Lockout. It had XT derailleur (Inverse), Deore Rapidfire and Hayes Nine brakes, Mavic 117 rims. So even though it was the cheapest model (around 2300 EUR) it had quite good components (at least you don't have to change them directly after buying).

    But I was very disappointed when I rode it for about 1h. I didn't like the rear suspension, it was still bagging even though I changed setup several times during my testride. I prefer the old Jekyll rear sus with standard airshocks (progressive). The rear was quite flexy during cornering. The jekyll rides a lot better than this.
    And by the way the Lefty Max with steel coil is a huge degradation compared to my old airy DLR.

    Well, I prefer to keep my F1000.....

    Brett

  23. #23
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755

  24. #24
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Yep, the reviewer seemed to have liked it a lot and it was definitely "as seen by a freerider" so I may see it very differently as I'm more of a XC rider learning to love fast downhills, jumps and things like that. He seemed to almost be questionning the advantages of big-over-35pounds-bikes.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-05-2004 at 09:25 PM. Reason: I love to edit!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  25. #25
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,755
    The reviewer posts here (or used to) with the handle "Painter".

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jimonthecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    152
    I test rode one in a parking lot but it was too big and the shock was set up for a heavier person. I think it is very important that that shock is set to your weight. My favorite part of bike is how the frame is above the chain so you won't get the chain slapping like my cake. I need to test ride this bike set up for me on a dirt trail before I would buy it.
    So bring on a demo day.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    70

    Doubt it

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Maybe the rep I talked to was just playing it safe, too safe. I sure hope so. We'll see once the bikes start appearing.
    nope, Mountain Bike magazines weight for the Prophet 4000 was 26.1 pounds. The frame is about 6 lbs, If the C-dale rep was right on the 4000, he was probably right on the others as well. kinda disipointing

  28. #28
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z11
    nope, Mountain Bike magazines weight for the Prophet 4000 was 26.1 pounds. The frame is about 6 lbs, If the C-dale rep was right on the 4000, he was probably right on the others as well. kinda disipointing
    The only weight he then had 'officially' was the 1000 31lbs. Others were just 'should be around' guesses. The frame without the shock is 5.25lbs (that's around 6lbs with the Swinger shock). All those bikes come with 2.35 Tubeless tires that must weigh a bit more than smallish kevlar tires (like the ones speced on my 27something-lbs-Cake 1_DLX with all XT and 28 spokes-wheels).
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-06-2004 at 03:13 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    40
    German MTB-magazines (Bike and Mountainbike) have tested and weight (without pedals) some European Prophets.

    Prophet 4000 size:M weight 11,6 kg (25,55 lbs)
    Prophet 1000 size:M weight 12,05 kg (26,55 lbs)

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19

    Smile

    I Have ridden Prophet 1000 a few weeks ago it was a fantastic experience, climbing was very easy thanks to the Manitu swinger rear shock and on the downhills you could change lines and direction very easily as the rear end soaked up what ever was thrown at it. Having had varoius Cannondales over the years this is by far the best yet, so the Jekyl is now sold and the long wait begins.

    Spec that I have ordered is Siemens replica frame set, Manitu Nixon platimum fork, Magura Marta SL 's , Sram X.0 shifters and rear medium cage mech, Mavic cross Max's Sl, Conti gravity 2.3 pro,s, FSA carbon seat post,bars. Not shure what to do about cranks I quiet like the look of the FSA K forse carbon cranks but min't keep it simple and go for XT's as the finnish on the XTR's I don't like.

    John

    Ps not shure about Marta SL's, would Louise FR be better I weigh 189lbs

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Profit
    I Have ridden Prophet 1000 a few weeks ago it was a fantastic experience, climbing was very easy thanks to the Manitu swinger rear shock and on the downhills you could change lines and direction very easily as the rear end soaked up what ever was thrown at it. Having had varoius Cannondales over the years this is by far the best yet, so the Jekyl is now sold and the long wait begins.

    Spec that I have ordered is Siemens replica frame set, Manitu Nixon platimum fork, Magura Marta SL 's , Sram X.0 shifters and rear medium cage mech, Mavic cross Max's Sl, Conti gravity 2.3 pro,s, FSA carbon seat post,bars. Not shure what to do about cranks I quiet like the look of the FSA K forse carbon cranks but min't keep it simple and go for XT's as the finnish on the XTR's I don't like.

    John

    Ps not shure about Marta SL's, would Louise FR be better I weigh 189lbs

    What is the price on just the frame set?

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19

    We the people ...

    tshrey in the UK the frame set is £1495, Which is frame & carbon lefty 140 with SPV with Manitu swinger 3 rear shock.


    John

  33. #33
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435

    I don't think so!

    Quote Originally Posted by 110rpm
    German MTB-magazines (Bike and Mountainbike) have tested and weight (without pedals) some European Prophets.

    Prophet 4000 size:M weight 11,6 kg (25,55 lbs)
    Prophet 1000 size:M weight 12,05 kg (26,55 lbs)
    So a Carbon Lefty with Ti spring, Crossmax SL wheels, FSA carbon crank, SRAM X0 and X9 setup, Marta SL brakes, carbon ultralight bars and seatpost and so on save only a pound? I think the magazine that weighted the 1000 didn't type properly or don't know how to weigh a bike...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Dan help me out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    So a Carbon Lefty with Ti spring, Crossmax SL wheels, FSA carbon crank, SRAM X0 and X9 setup, Marta SL brakes, carbon ultralight bars and seatpost and so on save only a pound? I think the magazine that weighted the 1000 didn't type properly or don't know how to weigh a bike...
    So Dan what are you thinking? Did you order the 2000? I'm kind of weighing my options right now. I'm torn whether I buy the 1000 and change out parts I don't particularly care for, or just build exactly the bike I want around a Turner 5-Spot frame.

    What would your recommendation be, seeing as there is a $1500CDN price difference.

    Thanks,
    Brian

  35. #35
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Rider
    So Dan what are you thinking? Did you order the 2000? I'm kind of weighing my options right now. I'm torn whether I buy the 1000 and change out parts I don't particularly care for, or just build exactly the bike I want around a Turner 5-Spot frame.

    What would your recommendation be, seeing as there is a $1500CDN price difference.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    I ordered the Prophet 2000.

    $1500 between what, the Prophet 1000 and the custom built 5-Spot? I'm sure you can get the 1000 easily under 3000 CAD, don't know much about the Turner so I cannot help you with that. You could get a Prophet frame and build it exactly how you want, I don't know how much that option would cost. For me, a big factor in favor of the Prophet is the Lefty fork.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NorCal Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    I just ordered the 2000 as well. My LBS said its slated to ship October 25th, but who knows. Fortunately we have awesome weather year round (save January) but I'm already chomping at the bit.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    83
    any idea of the weight of a 600??? I want one, but I want to do a lot of xc as well as some like 4 or so foot drops

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z11
    nope, Mountain Bike magazines weight for the Prophet 4000 was 26.1 pounds. The frame is about 6 lbs, If the C-dale rep was right on the 4000, he was probably right on the others as well. kinda disipointing
    About 30.5 pounds for the 1000 model. The bike with the wheels removed weights 20 pounds so the wheels are 10.5 in total weight. Those HighRoller 2.35 must be coming in at 850 grams a piece, plus 465 gram rims (819s). The weight is in the wheels which is a bad place for it, however that's the price you pay for traction and downhill durability.

  39. #39
    cannondale rider
    Reputation: rshank3499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162

    prophet 600

    i want to get a prophet 600 as soon as i test ride it. i have always ridden a hardtail (f900)and im alittle concerned about climbing with the prophet. also, i would like to try free riding. i should be taking one out in the next couple of weeks and im so excited.

  40. #40
    jake
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguppies92
    any idea of the weight of a 600??? I want one, but I want to do a lot of xc as well as some like 4 or so foot drops
    i have one and its about 30 lbs give or take a few pounds.

    ive pulled of a couple nice 4 foot drops with no problem on it but i only weigh 135 or soits a really nice bike and so far handels well in any condition you could possibly put it into

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 C'dale PROPHET ?
    By CSPRINGS in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:43 AM
  2. Trail bikes: Prophet vs. 575 vs...
    By Puzman in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 12:48 PM
  3. Gemini or Prophet or Jekyll or Heckler?
    By ronny in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:43 PM
  4. Prophet 800 vs Prophet 1000
    By mbakercad in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 09:49 AM
  5. Prophet 1000 MSRP?
    By mbakercad in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •