Thread: prophet advice

mtbr member

prophet advice

hi guys,

i've got a medium prophet frame for sale / trade in the classifieds at the minute, looking to try and get a large prophet or rush in its place, but i'm struggling to get much interest in the frame.

if i were selling it as a frameset (lefty, frame and shock) i asked for 550 which i thinks a fair price considering cost of the lefty seperatley and also the condition of all of it (near mint), but still onyl had one person contact me about it.

advert is here;

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=14643&cat=7

In case yor wondering, i now need a larger frame as i'm doing longer rides and its giving me knee pains. was the perfect size for me when i originally bought it, but riding has since changed and the seatpost is now always near its limit.

any ideas becuase at the minute it looks like it may end up on ebay which i dont really want to do due to the cahnce of not getting very much for it.

thansk for any advice

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Why don't you get some nice long seatpost to fix the issue?

My suggestion: http://www.lhthomson.com/gallery/esb1_1280.jpg

How it can look like:

IMG_07151

mtbr member
    i'm about 6 foot 1 or 2 so as you can imagine seatpost is already pretty extended when i have it near its max.

mtbr member
    Looking at your pictures for a medium frame and your size the seat is too low. I am the same size and I ride XL. You were way off when you purchased medium. Who sized you for that frame?

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I'm 5'11 and ride a medium, but I bought the bike (05 800) for 700 almost two years ago. At that time dealers were still selling the new 05's for twice that price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm in the same boat as you (sorta), I have a Small 07 MX1, about to put it up for sale, too small for me (6'0"). I know, I know, but I got a great deal on it

Good luck finding a replacement!

mtbr member
    the seat in the picture is in the position i need it in for messing about and going downhill, i dont usually havethat low for riding,

like i sadi above when i bought the bike, it fitted my needs for sizing and the price was right at the time, now things have chnaged and i need a bigger size.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Cannondale does have a frame exchange program. You could contact a Cannondale dealer and they can broker you a new Prophet frame. You will surrender your existing frame to Cannondale and get a discounted rate on a new large frame...keep you existing components.