Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Prophet 69 SL

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  yogiprophet 
#1 ·
26.5 pounds as is with heavy rear tire(880g)(size is XL). Everything else is reasonably light.
The ride is awesome. It has 90mm of front travel. Not enough for most Prophet lovers, but the 29" wheel does help.
With the SL lefty, the angles are the same as the original Prophet(69 degree HA/ 75 SA) but with quite a bit more trail(about 9.4cm in the XC mode) compared to the 8.2cm of the Prophet in the XC mode with a 26" wheel or 9.2cm in the FR mode. Tight switchbacks are still a breeze even though(I wish I had a video to show this).

I love the versatility of the Prophet and Lefties. So much fun to play with..... :D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was just trying the PBR out on the Rush. The Prophet is now split between this new setup and the 650b PBR. The SL Lefty goes back and forth between the 29" for the Prophet and the 650b on the Rush(which is the only setup I really like for the Rush). The PBR worked fine for the Rush, but it just was a little too slack and mushy feeling for that kind of bike. It works awesome for the Prophet and drops a pound from the front end (actually both setups drop a pound from the original 140 Max).
Yea, i think i maxed out on the amount I can spend this year on bike stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.