mtbr member
    May 2007

Is the Prophet 600 (2006) a 135mm X 10mm rear hub?

I know the prophet was designed as kind of an all mountain bike.

I was going to upgrade the rear hub, but just wanted to make sure I didn't have those 150 mm X 12 mm drop outs and hub. I really didn't think I did, because the stock stuff in Shimano. Just wanted to make sure.

I'm tossed up between the Chris King and Hadley hubs. I'll pick one, but I want to make sure I get the right axle setup
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Unit 91
    The rear spacing on a Prophet is 135mm, pretty much a standard in an XC/AM bike. The 10mm usually means that its a bolt on which you can use (and would recommend if you were a little more aggressive) you just wont have the "quickness" of a quick release (which is your standard 9mm).
    Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    The rear spacing on a Prophet is 135mm, pretty much a standard in an XC/AM bike. The 10mm usually means that its a bolt on which you can use (and would recommend if you were a little more aggressive) you just wont have the "quickness" of a quick release (which is your standard 9mm).
    Thanks,
    I don't take the rear wheel off that often and I like to ride aggressive. If it takes 30 sec with a tool to pop the rear vs 3 of a QR, then no big deal.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

LA CHÈVRE
    I'm late. 135mm

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :